Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need daycare!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:28 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 316 Total Views

Moved tot he area a week ago and need to find daycare for my 3 yr old. I am goigb to put her name on the list on base and we are on waiting list at a local daycare. But I am nervous that I will be starting my new job soon and will have no daycare. Can anyone give me some advice? Or is a daycare provider themselves that would be willing to help me out for a few weeks.

Thank you

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jdbaker22
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:37 AM

I know it's rediculous how long the waiting list is for daycare! When I first moved here around March/April they told me they had a 1 year wait!

I would be more than happy to watch your daughter for a few weeks. I'm Jennifer, I stay home with my 1 year old. My 5 year old just started Kindergarten. So I'm home all day. My house is full of toys lol. I would provide lunch and snacks just give me a list of what your daughter will eat, I know alot of kids are picky. We can negotiate on the price.

Message me if interested so we can get in touch.

Babyd22
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:16 PM

i take my kids to SPEC the one that just opened up in Richlands, and i love it, they have a curriculum for the kids, security like crazy and we looked into DSS, which is social services for jacksonville and we only ended up paying or only pay 148 a month for both my kids to go full time.

jcoreas
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:33 PM

yeah my son goes to spec on western and he loves it. we got it FREE from dss while husband is deployed

Quoting Babyd22:

i take my kids to SPEC the one that just opened up in Richlands, and i love it, they have a curriculum for the kids, security like crazy and we looked into DSS, which is social services for jacksonville and we only ended up paying or only pay 148 a month for both my kids to go full time.

JeSsIcA 

ejax29
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Jennifer Thank you for volunteering. I will let you know if I dont finfd anything else. Would love to meet you of course and see how Cadie likes you.

I will get back to you.

ejax29
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Does SPEC have a website? I think one just opened up on Queens Creek Rd. which would work great for me because my daughter godmother lives on that road and she could picke her up for me.

Navywifenmom
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:57 PM

You can also go to onslowkids.org and get childcare referrals

A photo without the story behind it is merely a memory forgotten.  Don't let your stories fade!  Create digital scrapbooks and storybooks at www.story2remember.com
Babyd22
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 5:45 PM

yeah i think its speckids.com or something of that sort.... but its better for you to go in and see it for yourself.. there are about 4 specs in the area, ive seen three two i did not like but the new one on 24 in richlands or towards richlands lol i loved. which ever one you have in mind go in there ask them everything and anything and let them give you a tour. its the best way to decide

Quoting ejax29:

Does SPEC have a website? I think one just opened up on Queens Creek Rd. which would work great for me because my daughter godmother lives on that road and she could picke her up for me.

MarineDream771
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 11:06 PM

hello!

I'm Jaclyn. I've just recently started up a home daycare. so if you would like to know more send me a message!

Thanks,
Jaclyn

Jmward06
by Member on Aug. 31, 2009 at 12:19 PM

who do you contact at DSS for a discounted rate or free child care?  I am wanting to go back to school but can't afford child care off base and I have looked at SPEC and really want my kids to go there!!

marinewifey07
by Member on Aug. 31, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Hey, my name is Amber I just wanted to let you know that I run a certified family child care home(home daycare) on base, and I currently have two openings immediately for children over the age of 2 and also one spot for a child under two. Please let me know if you would like anymore info. I am open 6 am to 6pm M-F, all meals, drinks, and snacks are provided. I currently have my own 2.5 yr old little girl, a 3 yr old little boy, and a 21 mth old. Like I said let me know!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)