Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New in town and need a job

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 201 Total Views

Hi im new here , Well we were stationed here in feb  of this year and i hae been putting in applications for jobs and i have not found one yet ,im starting to feel as though i'm never going to get a job ,my question is .How long did it take for you to get a job here in Jacksonville ?

Amaris aka Mimi85

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
watkinsme
by Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 8:01 AM

I have been looking off and on since Feb 2005 - so I may not be of much help.  But  I am currently pregnant with #3 and I don't usually look while I'm pregnant or have a newborn...lol

After this baby is born though I am going to start back to school in the Spring session to get my Masters - I figure I might as well get it done before hubby retires in 2011.

marinewife52704
by Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM

you can go to the employment assistance office. Midway Park and TT have them. there is also one on Western Blvd. by foodlion and Hooters. they can help with finding a job. good luck

this is me i'm a co-sleeping breast and bottle feeding CIO vaxing pro life gun owning christian momma.   

Mrs_Jones713
by Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Try the HRO Office and the Dept. of the Navy Chart website to apply for a job on base. Hope this helps.shake hand

usmcwifey53108
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2009 at 11:06 PM

i do know that tax season is starting up soon. i worked at jackson hewitt last year. i would be going back thins year again but being due in the middle of tax season isnt going to work ! you go through a week of schooling and work from jan until the end of april. the money is good and you get a bonus at the end of the season based on the amount of tax returns you do classes start soon and fill up quick so if your interested i would call and secure your spot asap !

MonicaE521
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 11:12 PM

I don't know Jax, but I've temped before in Atlanta.  It's a start and I did get a full time job out of a one week gig.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)