Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michael Vick

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 229 Total Views

Michael Vick was signed to the Eagles-my home team. I am so darn disgusted and disappointed. I can't believe any team would take him after the things he has done to those dogs because like it or not he is seen as a role model to kids. I believe in second chances, but I really don't think he gets it or deserves the football career. As bad as dog fighting is, what really turns me is how he treated the losing dogs or the ones who didn't want to fight. He used jumper cables to electricute them, hung some from trees, beat some to death or slammed them into the ground, etc. It takes a real sicko to do that and take pleasure in it. I mean the humane thing would be to shoot them I guess. However, instead of giving them a quick death after a miserable life, he chose to give them a cruel, painful and sometimes slow death for his amusement. I also read somewhere that he put family pets in the fight pit for amusement. I feel that if someone is capable in torturing an animal in the ways that he did-no jail time is enough and furthermore-a second chance at a pro footbal career should be in no way possible. The ASPCA wants nothing to do with him because of the level of cruelty involved in his case.

I have a few friends( not too many) who have voiced he deserves a second chance and that personal and professional lives are seperate, blah, blah, blah. It annoys me so much because I do not understand the thinking. I can only conclude that most people have no idea about the horrors of dog fighting. They don't understand the isolation the dogs live chained up without love and attention ( the only attention they get is negative-being slapped around to make them mean, using them as bait for other dogs to drive their dog aggression and living on the ends of heavy chains), the experience stolen family pets or shelter dogs face when used for bait being chewed up by fighting dogs,  and the trauma ( both physical and mental) of the fights themselves. They do not recieve vet care and offen suffer secondary health issues  if they survive the pit. If you have ever seen the Sarah McGlaughlin commercial for the SPCA, you know the look of a broken dog. How does a person take a dog who has given up and then torture it to death for enjoyment. It makes me sick. All these people who think all should be forgiven- I don't think they know what dog fighting is really all about . I also do not think that a person capable of that kind of cruelty should play a professional sport.

What are your thoughts?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)