Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share the reason why you're here

Posted by on May. 7, 2008 at 12:34 AM
  • 23 Replies
  • 614 Total Views
Maybe something about you- who you are, how old you are, why you joined. Remember no bashing (name calling, etc). You can openly say something like "I hate women who have abortions" and that sort of thing. Even call them a slut for not being on birth control. Just don't bash each other.
by on May. 7, 2008 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachelray1101
by Group Admin on May. 7, 2008 at 1:17 AM
well my name is rachel, i am 21 years old. i live in michigan, i have 2 boys. there ages are 20 months and 7 months.  i had 1 miscarrage before i concieved my 1st son and it totally killed me and my husband. ive been married for 5 years this august!!! the reason i joined this group is because i think abortion should be illegal. i hate the fact that women can make the choice to kill an inoccent life. it just breaks my heart when i hear someone say that they have or is going to have an abortion. if you get pregnant and arent ready for a baby or cant handle it then give it up for adoption. give the baby a chance to succeed in life and live life to the fullest in a happy, safe invironment.
lalakelley
by Group Admin on May. 7, 2008 at 9:20 AM
AHHHHH I am so passionate about this subject it is not even funny. I know 3 people personally that have had abortions, one VERY much so regrets it, didn't want to do it in the first place but her BF at the time was on drugs and took her to the clinic paid and gave her "no option". The other 2 act like it is nothing, one of these 2 has had 2 abortions. In my eyes they are all murderers. I openly express that to anyone. I think not only should it be illegal but doctors that perform the act should be imprisoned. Who are these ppl trying to play God?! I was young when I got prego with my first, but abortion was NEVER and option for me. That is a being that God created for a reason, for all we know he was meant to be president. I just really don't see how ppl can bring themselves to do this much less live with themselves afterwards. I feel for my one friend cause I know she regrets it everyday of her life and thinks about it as well. Let me just explain as well the reason her BF was on drugs is because they had had a miscarriage a few months before and that tore him up, BIG time. Not tha I condone it either way. Anyway, I TOTALLY agree with the statement of this group, it is MURDER and ppl should be treated/punished like it is. We are just setting an example for the youth of the nation telling them it is ok to make HUGE "mistakes" and still get off scott free and that murder is ok.AAAAHHHHHHHH
NeonGirl9583
by New Member on May. 7, 2008 at 9:37 AM
I just think that it is wrong. I hear people all the time talking about that it's not a baby until it's born. I just wanna slap that kind of person.  Babies are a gift from God, and if he chose to take them, that's different then you desiding.
stvmen88
by on May. 7, 2008 at 12:17 PM
This is my story why I'm here, and why I'm so passionately pro-life. My dad was 20 years older than my mom when they got married. He'd been married before, and had no kids from that marriage. He never wanted kids, but didn't tell my mom that. When she found out she was pregnant with me, he told her if she'd abort me, he'd stay married to her. Well, obviously, she didn't and he left us. He kept me at arm's length the rest of his life. He died 16 years ago without ever telling me he loved me or I was important to him (he didn't and I wasn't). I searched and begged him for years to love and accept me, but he just never did, or maybe he couldn't not sure. But, in my search for my earthly father's love and acceptance, I found the unconditional love and total acceptance of my Heavenly Father. Plus, God blessed me with the greatest mom in the entire world. She is my hero, and I thank God everday for teaming her and I up! Well, that's my story, I just feel that God spared my life, and it's my duty to speak up for all unborn babies!

Mendy, Daughter of My Heavenly Father, Wife to my one and only, Steve, Mom to some, Grandma to others, Friend to all! Praise be to God!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/fibrosisters -Group Owner

http://www.cafemom.com/group/sundaybiblestudy  -Group Owner

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momswithstraightedgekids- Group Owner

Jannie2258
by on May. 7, 2008 at 6:17 PM
Hi!
I am glad to have found this group, because abortion has always been a huge issue with me; I have always stood strong that no matter what it took, I would NEVER kill my child, no matter what circumstances I would find myself in; I had never believed  in sex before marriage, but when it happened for me, I became pregnant at 33(luckily not before my 30's or I would've never been able to handle the responsibility of motherhood).  Even though I was single and still am, I was never afraid to talk to people about my choices and standards, because abortion is and always the worst wrong anyone can commit, so I was fine in telling family, etc that I chose life...the best alternative! Even tho my Dad was upset, oh...well...better than being a murderer!

A former friend had an abortion at age 21 because she slept with a married man;  but...after she got married, and lost a child do to anasefalic(born without a brain...and they are stillborn), her and her husband had a rough time.  Why is it, that someone like her can no remorse for having an abortion, but do when it is a planned pregnancy?  A baby is a baby is a baby,  no matter the reason or why u get pregnant...its not a piece of skin just because u don't want it....
mommyny6
by on May. 10, 2008 at 3:53 PM
where can i start!! well im justine 30 married for 9 years with my love for 14 we have 6 kids and 1 angel baby no i didnt abort never that i had a miscarry last may!! well i think abortion is the easy way out n its sick no matter what stage your in its sick!! thers women out here that cant have babies n sickos go n do this.the hell with pro choice you amde your choice when you ahd un protected sex or even if it was a so called mistake which i dont bel any baby is deal with it you want to play you have to pay.i could go on for days but ill let someone else to that.thanks for a great group
Louise76
by on May. 14, 2008 at 1:05 PM
My name is Tina and I am 32. I have 2 children. My oldest son is almost 11 and has Spina Bifida and my youngest son is 27 mo. I am against abortion and always have been. When we found out about our son had SB, they told us we should abort since we had no idea what kind of life he would have and I said he will not die at my hands! It was never an option for us and should never be an option for anyone...IMO! I want it to be illegal in every way, for every reason. If that baby isn't meant to live, then he/she should die of natural causes..not being ripped apart!

As strongly as I feel about abortion, I don't believe in the bombing of clinics, or physical harm to the Drs that do them or the women that get them. I feel that is wrong. There are better ways than that to get our point across! 

I am here because I am tired of being bashed in posts..and there have been a lot about abortions lately...for believing life starts at conception and the correct term to me always has and always will be a baby...not a fetus. I have no sympathy for women that get abortions...there is ALWAYS a better option. 

biteenmom
by on May. 16, 2008 at 12:53 PM
well being 18 and this being my third pregnancy two of which were planned most of my family thinks that i should get an abortion and that i shouldve with my first 2 then they expect me to just move on like its nothing. though abortion has never been an option for me even though i was only in 7th grade when i had my first (yes 7th grade ill prolly get bashed for it too but that was a bad year in my life and i believe that my lil angel was the good kick in the ass i needed to get my life back on track) now i couldnt imagine having it any other way except being a teen mommy. i also personally know one girl whos 17 and has had 5 abortions but acts like nothing ever happened. i hate her for his reason because she does use abortion as a form of birth control and maybe she wouldnt have to do this if shed stop being such a slut and remain faithful to one guy long enough to have a good relationship which isnt all about the sex. i do hate women who get abortions especially since over 90% of all abortions are done for social reasons.

sweetp97024
by New Member on May. 23, 2008 at 2:55 AM
My name is Candace. I'm 29 SAHM of 2 beautiful kids.
I am 100% against abortion. 100% that's it. If a baby is not meant to live-GOD will take care of it! WE ARE NOT GOD! WE CAN'T JUST TAKE A LIFE BECAUSE WE THINK WE CAN, or the government says we can!!!
I don't understand how ANYONE could think it's ok to kill a baby. I just can't fathom how anyone could do it. I have a very hard time finding people who aggree with me- so when I found this group: imagine my suprise!
I have a friend who has had 3 abortions. It's really hard for me, knwing she's sucha awesome friend to me, and yet she has done this. Needless to say- we don't talk about it.
I thank you for this group- Now I don't feel so alone in my beliefs.

mamashearer
by on May. 27, 2008 at 11:20 AM
Hi my name Jenn. I am 23. I have been married for 4 years now. My husband and I have 2 children. Ethan is 3 and Aryana is 2. I have been pro-life before I even knew the word. I have never understood how a women could do it. Even more I don't understand how any women that calls herself a Mother could ever support it. When I was a teenage my reasoning for being pro-life became even more important to me. When I was a teenager a family member told my older brother that our father really wasn't his father. Well my mom set all of us down and explained that when she was 18 she was raped and was planning on giving my brother up for adoption, because abortion was NEVER an option. She had all the paper work ready to sign and the new family was there waiting to pick my brother up. My mom took one look at him and begged our grandmother to keep him. She agreed and then entire family pulled together to get everything ready for when they got home. Not long after finding this out, I had gone to the doctor because of some very painfull periods. My doctor told me at that point that, that I would never be able to have children. I was heart broken because I wanted a large family. Lucky for me my doc was wrong, because on our honeymoon we concieved our first child.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)