Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

good doctors??

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 576 Total Views

Hi everyone,

As I said in my introduction, we will soon be moving from Florida to PA.  We really love to doctor we're taking Ian to currently and are not excited about trying to find a new one that's just as good.  We like her because she's really good with kids (and, believe it or not, some pediatricians aren't), she's very supportive of breastfeeding, and her office is right down the street from our apartment.  We are also looking for a dentist who handles both children and adults, a general practicioner for myself and my husband, and an eye doctor.  The most important one is the pediatrician because we'll be moving in August and my som will be due for his 15 month check up in September.  So, if anyone has suggestions of doctors who are great (or info on ones to avoid at all costs) please let me know.

Thanks!

Kassie readingWife to Michael in love, Mommy to Ianbreastfeeding

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nosborne
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I take my kids to Dr Christine Musaw(moo-saw, don't remember how it is spelled) in the Britten Lake Medical Center.  It is right off of Rt 1 in Glen Mills.  She has been great with me breastfeeding.  She breastfed her kids also.  She is even ok with my choice to delay some of my son's vaccinations.  I would really reccomend her if she is convenient for you. 

PM me if you want the office number.

WooHoo!!  We made it to 9 months of breastfeeding!!!

in lovebreastfeedinglistening to tunesplaying soccer girl

JoJoBean8
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 8:17 AM

It might help us if you tell us what part of Delco you are moving to then we might be able to direct you in a direction of a doctor.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

krazykass
by on Jul. 31, 2009 at 10:09 AM

DH's new job is in Ridley Park, so we'll be in the eastern park of the county, I guess.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

It might help us if you tell us what part of Delco you are moving to then we might be able to direct you in a direction of a doctor.

brooknblakesmom
by on Jul. 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Delaware county kids first. They have multiple offices, night and weekend hours, and they are affiliated with Childrens Hospital. Their number is 610-284-0200. For a dentist, my kids go to Denitistry for Children on Macdade blvd in Holmes.

blowing bubblesbaby boymoms rockfamily car
Jen~mom to Brooklyn and Blake~wifey to Jean

Toothfairy25
by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Hi Jen, how is this dentist office working out? I remember you had been trying to find one. take care.

Linda
krazykass
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 3:16 PM

My husband searched his insurance policy's website for ped's near us and this is what he came back with:

Advocare Children's Medical Associates in Ridley Park (Dr. Altomari, Dr. Mehalick, Dr. Nunag, Dr. Ringiewicz, and Dr. Torrence)

Swarthmore Pediatrics (Dr. Chuipek)

And Kids First of Springfield (Dr. Lee, Dr. Ahluwalia, Dr. Callaghan, Dr. Arem, Dr. Galasso, Dr. Trotzky)

Has anyone taken their kids to and either liked or disliked any of these?  If not, then we'll probably end up trying Kids First and have them pick someone for us.

Thanks!

Kassie readingWife to Michael in love, Mommy to Ianbreastfeeding

JoJoBean8
by on Sep. 1, 2009 at 8:44 AM

We use Kid's First in Drexel Hill and love them. I highly recomend them.

Quoting krazykass:

My husband searched his insurance policy's website for ped's near us and this is what he came back with:

Advocare Children's Medical Associates in Ridley Park (Dr. Altomari, Dr. Mehalick, Dr. Nunag, Dr. Ringiewicz, and Dr. Torrence)

And Kids First of Springfield (Dr. Lee, Dr. Ahluwalia, Dr. Callaghan, Dr. Arem, Dr. Galasso, Dr. Trotzky)

Has anyone taken their kids to and either liked or disliked any of these?  If not, then we'll probably end up trying Kids First and have them pick someone for us.

Thanks!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

TweetyK
by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I take my son to Kids First!! It's part of CHOP - they have many different locations - have a good and save moving day!

wavehola - hope all is well.  Stay Positive, Think Positive

brooknblakesmom
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Thanks Linda, it's working out ok, they were great with my daughter, they did give me a hard time about going back with her but they did allow me to go back! I ended up taking her to Dentistry for Children On mac dade Blvd in Holmes.

Quoting Toothfairy25:

Hi Jen, how is this dentist office working out? I remember you had been trying to find one. take care.

brooknblakesmom
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I highly recommend Kids First, I have been to the Springfeild office Dr. Trotzky is very good. Dr Teachy and Dr.Kleinman are our favorites. They are mainly in Drexel Hill office but they do work in the other offices sometimes and as I said in my other reply they have flexible hours they always have at least one office open even on weekends.

Quoting krazykass:

Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)