Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you getting pissed off being told where not to smoke?

Posted by   + Show Post

Dont know about you guys up in the US, but here in New Zealand there is just about no where I can go for a smoke apart from outside on the pavement! Be keen to get your feedback, I hate these fucking rules! So sometimes I break them a little....if Im out for dinner or clubbing I will smoke in the ladies, or on the dance floor - I refuse to go outside and stand on the pavement to light up!

Just a week before chrissy I decided to go to the supermarket to finish off the food shopping. I was smoking in the car on the way, arrived at the supermarket with still a cigarette in my hand so I went in to the supermarket, shopping list in one hand and ciggy in the other. I felt like a fucking criminal! But was determined to finish it. Half way round the supermarket I did, without any hassle from the owner or staff, and happily stubbed the butt out on the floor with my barefoot and finished the shopping! My boys thought mummy was real cool!

An Asian family moved in next door, so did the neighbourly thing and introduced myself to them. Arrived at the door to meet them, I did have my ciggy's with me, one already going. Asked if it was ok to smoke in their house, they were unsure, but want desparately to be seen as 'kiwis' so said no problems. Went to their house smoking, stayed for two hours, drinking chear Japanese wine and had two more fucking cigarettes....

Be keen to get your comment.  I think its time to fight back....Im sick of being treated like a second class mummy , just because I smoke!   

by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 4:40 PM
Replies (11-11):
bozobean
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I know. Hell, I've just resigned myself to only vaping in paces smoking is allowed, and in my apartment. I know the guy next door smokes regular cigs in his apt because I can smell it coming through the vent, so he won't complain. I think people are like smoking isn't allowed in all these certain places, so vapers shouldn't be allowed to vape there either. People are getting so uptight about every little thing.

eye rollingfrustrated

Quoting Karla1948:

I've gotten somewhat accustomed to being in places where I can't smoke, but now that I've been part-time vaping for over a year, and with the new restrictions on vaping, I'm getting very irritated with going places where vaping should be perfectly acceptable, but now it's not. My God, it's just steam! Like what drifts from a cup of hot coffee.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN