Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll: How much do you smoke?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM
  • 42 Replies
  • 8867 Total Views

There hasn't been a whole lot of group activity lately, so I thoguht I would try to encourage some with a poll. 

How much do you smoke per day?

• Less than half a pack a day
  • Half a pack to a pack a day
  • About a pack a day
  • Between 1 and 2 packs a day
  • Around 2 packs a day
  • Between 2 and 3 packs a day
  • Between 3 and 4 packs a day
  • Between 4 and 5 packs a day
  • More than 5 packs a day
  • More than I should
  • More than I want to (I want to cut down)
  • Not as much as I would like to because... (money, being pregnant, etc)

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ttt745
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I smoke half a pack or less per day.  It's probably more than I should be smoking (I guess that's true for everyone LOL) since I have asthma, but I don't want to quit or cut down.

MomKira
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I'm at 2 ppd but I should cut down more while preg and with such young kids around all the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dena26036
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Less than half a pack a day for me

ES79
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Between 1 and 2 packs a day.  Typically closer to 1 pack on weekdays, closer to 2 packs on weekends.

Karla1948
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM

For me, also between 1 and 2 packs a day.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

JanelleBee
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Around 2 packs a day. Can go up or down like 5 cigarettes. :-)
tiffany1984
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I smoke about one and a half packs a day, though it sometimes is more on the weekends.

ES79
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting ES79:

Between 1 and 2 packs a day.  Typically closer to 1 pack on weekdays, closer to 2 packs on weekends.

Yes, I'm replying to my own post.  But I thought I should be honest with myself and update my answer.  I've been smoking more the last few months, so now I would have to answer that I smoke about 2 packs, usually a little less on weekdays, and quite a bit more on weekends.

Earlier this year, I had made a conscious effort to cut back on my smoking somewhat, trying to stay at 1 pack on weekdays and only a little more on weekends.  But, that didn't last too long, and I've been gradually increasing over the last few months.  My average amount is probably 2 packs, about 1 1/2 or so on weekdays, but 2 1/2 to sometimes closer to 3 packs on weekends, depending how busy I am.

Karla1948
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Erica, did you have a significant event that boosted your smoking?

My moving from Germany to "healthy smoke-free California" in 2005, plus switching from 100's  to 120's about the same time, helped me cut back from 2 packs daily, which I had been at forever, to 1,5 packs daily. Once I move, I plan to get a place with a balcony, and limit my smoking there. Right now, I can't be going for an elevator ride every time I need to smoke. Even though cigarette smoke doesn't bother me a bit, whether it's mine or somebody else's, I'm always jealous when I go into a non-smoker's home, and notice how much fresher and cleaner it seems than mine. And I'm a cleanliness fanatic!

I'm also hoping that will help me cut back some more. I'm also planning on trying the E-cigarette again. It will never replace real cigarettes, but if I could alternate and be comfortable, I'd be happy with that.

Quoting ES79:

Quoting ES79:

Yes, I'm replying to my own post.  But I thought I should be honest with myself and update my answer.  I've been smoking more the last few months, so now I would have to answer that I smoke about 2 packs, usually a little less on weekdays, and quite a bit more on weekends.

Earlier this year, I had made a conscious effort to cut back on my smoking somewhat, trying to stay at 1 pack on weekdays and only a little more on weekends.  But, that didn't last too long, and I've been gradually increasing over the last few months.  My average amount is probably 2 packs, about 1 1/2 or so on weekdays, but 2 1/2 to sometimes closer to 3 packs on weekends, depending how busy I am.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

sara632
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Right around the 2 ppd level...It can change depending on the day....but its hard to put down when I love my Marlboros so much

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)