Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving next summer

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 298 Total Views

Good morning to all! I made a decision this weekend, and since smoking is one of the drivers behind that decision, I thought I'd share it here. I moved to from Germany to California in 2005 with my American husband. Five years later, I lost him to colon cancer. Today, I'm a very long way from my family, and it's costing every penney of my retirements to live here. So next summer I will be moving to Bulgaria. I plan to live in one of the coastal towns. It will be nice, a not-so-painful 2 hour flight back to Germany instead of 11 to 12 hours. Closer to my children and my sister's family is a big driver behind this decision, economics is another. My income will go much much further there, just like a dollar was worth more last weekend when I went to Mexico. The last driver was, you guess it, had to do with smoking! This was something else I was reminded of in Mexico; how nice it was to be in a smoker-friendly environment, able to smoke in restaurants, etc. Bulgaria is the North Carolina of the European Union; this is where tobacco is grown. So Bulgaria tends also to be very smoker friendly, moreso than Germany now is, and much much more so than California. And to back that up, smoking prevalence is higher. Where 26.3% of the men and 21.5% of the women in the US are smokers (15.0% of the men, 9.2% of the women here in California) Bulgarian smoking prevalence is 47.5% of the men (a smoking woman's dream!) and 27.8% of the women. If anyone else here is planning retirement, I'd be curious to kknow what your retirement plans are,  

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)