Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Longer versus shorter cigarettes

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:46 AM
  • 24 Replies
  • 3208 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I've been living in the USA since 2005, coming from Europe, where longer (100, 120) cigarettes are not so familiar as they are here. Since I moved here, I have noticed, most (almost all) men prefer short cigarettes, while most women prefer 100s or 120s. Can anyone say why that is? I have my theories, but I'll wait and see if I get any answers on this one.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen3468
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM

hmm, I don't know. Thinking about it, I've mostly done marlboro reds 100s and marlboro lights 100s, alhough I have smoked the king size marlboro lights a lot too. And most of my girl friends smoke camels or parliaments, but not many 100s. It's so random. GUys on the other hand seem to pretty well stay away from 100s.

mommywallflower
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Not sure about this...I have a guy friend who likes 100s and have girlfriends who smoke shorts.  I prefer shorts because my smoking time is often limited.

ssunshine360
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM

It is rare I smoke anything other than a 100.  They have felt the most comfortable to me since my first months as a smoker.

laurlaurlaur
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM

i smoke shorts...for whatever reason 100s look stupid in my hands. maybe because i have little hands?

shannonnigans
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I started on 100s, so I just simply got used to them, and they feel normal.  I know its not a whole lot of difference, but anything shorter and I feel like I'm about to light my face on fire.  Even though they're obviously not long enough, I'm deathly afraid of my bangs going up, and the smell of burnt hair.  Irrational, I know.    

laurlaurlaur
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:24 PM
3 moms liked this

haha for some reason i got the urge to take a pic of my tiny hands. would look stupid with 100s, right? this is a freshly lit king

laurlaurlaur
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:25 PM

haha that is too funny! i'm the opposite, when i smoke a 100 i feel like i'm holding a pencil

Quoting shannonnigans:

I started on 100s, so I just simply got used to them, and they feel normal.  I know its not a whole lot of difference, but anything shorter and I feel like I'm about to light my face on fire.  Even though they're obviously not long enough, I'm deathly afraid of my bangs going up, and the smell of burnt hair.  Irrational, I know.    

cindysam
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I normally always smoke generic 100s but if I can't get them ill smoke whatever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
laurlaurlaur
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

what are the best generic menthols? i've never even tried any bc i don't want to risk the money

Quoting cindysam:

I normally always smoke generic 100s but if I can't get them ill smoke whatever.

cindysam
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't smoke menthols so I cant attest to the best brand. Non menthols I like are Basic, GPC and Seneca. We do spoil ourselves occassionally with Marlboros.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)