Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chain Smoking

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:42 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 13709 Total Views

Who is or has been a chain smoker? What is the most you have smoked in a day and why?

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Karla1948
My daughter is here until December. I'm so delighted!
Yesterday at 3:24 PM
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't normally chain, BUT...

Just over 2 weeks ago I landed in Frankfurt, nonstop flight from Los Angeles. By the time I landed, I was already at 16 hours without a cigarette, and STILL had to go through passport control, baggage claim, customs, then get outside. My daughter greeted me once I got outside security, we hugged, then she looked me and said, "this way, I know, you need a cigarette right now!" I managed to  light at the 17 hour mark. A few minutes later I was in her car, my cigarette was about finished, and I did what I don't do often, I extracted my next cigarette,  lit it with the one that was about done,  and had no break in the action! Except the new one was a bit  milder than the one I just finished, go figure! I'll probably do something similar when I fly back to California next month.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

cindysam
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't normally smoke more than a pack a day but when my DH was out of work I would sometimes chain smoke in order to relieve the stress. Sometimes that would mean 2 ppd. Of course that would add more stress because we couldn't afford for us to smoke a lot. We were caught between a rock and a hard place.

wish123
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM
4 moms liked this

I myself have recently become a chain smoker. I have gone from 1.5 - 2ppd to 3.5 to 4 ppd I feel like I need the nicotine more often. Also just love the taste of my newports

sabine_vg85
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes I chainsmoke. The most I smoked in one day was about 110 cigarettes, but that's not my usual amount ;)

MissGore
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm a writer, and when i start a really intense scene i chain smoke. depending on how long it takes to write it out, i can chain smoke two packs in a few hours. but i average a pack a day when not preggers.

MissBecky91
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My coworkers tell me Im a chainsmoker, so I guess that makes me one... I usually only smoke about two packs a day, maybe two and a half packs if its just a weekday. Sometimes on weekends I might smoke three packs in a day, but thats about it.

I think once when I was younger and had, ahem, other addiction problems, I've actually smoked four packs in a day on several occasions when I was out partying way way too late. One one particular occasion that I am loathe to remember, I actually smoked five packs within a single twenty four hour peroid, although I was really stressed out, and really under the unfluence, and I had a really sore throat and tight chest after that for a few day and really regretted smoking that much. Hadn't done it since then, and have tried to get my addictions, other than smoking, more under control since then.

So yeah, two packs a day or so is pretty normal for me. Three packs would be on the high side I suppose, like it is for most, and anything more than that, really, and you'll just end up in a bad way. 

jen3468
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I'm a SAHM, so I can pretty much smoke regularly (I guess I smoke a cigarette every half hour or so). But if I do have to go without a cigarette for an extended time, I may smoke two or three pretty quickly afterwards.

laurlaurlaur
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM
2 moms liked this

oh gosh that must be nice...i could get used to that!

Quoting jen3468:

I'm a SAHM, so I can pretty much smoke regularly (I guess I smoke a cigarette every half hour or so). But if I do have to go without a cigarette for an extended time, I may smoke two or three pretty quickly afterwards.

jen3468
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM
haha, I just have to remember to take time out to smoke! Not sure what I'd do if I had to go all day without a cigarette though!
Quoting laurlaurlaur:

Quoting jen3468:

laurlaurlaur
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:52 AM

haha i never have a problem remembering i want to smoke, i have a problem getting out of the office :( now that i'm smoking way less because i'm pregnant i'm always at my desk. so boring.

Quoting jen3468:

haha, I just have to remember to take time out to smoke! Not sure what I'd do if I had to go all day without a cigarette though!
Quoting laurlaurlaur:

Quoting jen3468:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)