Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is or has been a chain smoker? What is the most you have smoked in a day and why?

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (21-23):
carol1963st
by on Sep. 20, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Why pointless?  I think i've read that there are more former smokers than smokers (in the US) so many people have.  I think you just need to want it.  I don't so that would be pointless, but if you hate it I beleive you can quit

Quoting rustyy85: Bad habit, I hate it but been proven pointless to quit. Most I've smoked from 6am-11pm(that's when I woke up and went to bed) has been 2 1/2 packs.. Normally I'm a pack a day...

HaydensMom178
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:30 PM
I chain smoke all the time, actually. When I have to smoke outside, I can never smoke just one. When I'm in the truck, the second I put one out I light another. At night, I go out to the truck to smoke as well and I chain smoke then, too. When I smoke inside, it depends. If it's just myself, our son and dh, I actually smoke a little less. If I'm at my in-laws' house, I chain smoke because mil and fil smoke in the house as well. The most I've ever smoked is 2 ppd. That's usually if we're on the road a lot or if I'm extremely stressed.
KatieS1979
by Member on Oct. 17, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting HaydensMom178: I chain smoke all the time, actually. When I have to smoke outside, I can never smoke just one. When I'm in the truck, the second I put one out I light another. At night, I go out to the truck to smoke as well and I chain smoke then, too. When I smoke inside, it depends. If it's just myself, our son and dh, I actually smoke a little less. If I'm at my in-laws' house, I chain smoke because mil and fil smoke in the house as well. The most I've ever smoked is 2 ppd. That's usually if we're on the road a lot or if I'm extremely stressed.

Right - there are definitely situations or places when or where smoking one after another (after another . . .) just seems to make sense or feels right.  Driving - definite chain smoking time.  On the phone/on the computer - also tends to be chain smoking time.  If I've been somewhere that I couldn't smoke for a while, then I will usually smoke a few in a row once I am able to smoke again.  If I'm around other smokers, particularly other heavy smokers, that also tends to lead to chain smoking.

So, I don't chain smoke all day long, every waking moment.  But if we're defining chain smoking as smoking a second cigarette immediately after finishing a first cigarette, then I do that many times each day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN