Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what age did you start smoking???

Posted by on May. 13, 2008 at 1:00 AM
  • 67 Replies
  • 40402 Total Views

Poll

Question: What age did you start smoking?

Options:

12-14- why?

15-17- why?

other- what age and why?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 107

View Results

I am just curious what age everyone started smoking? Was it pure pressure or not?

I started smoking when I was 14, and it wasnt because of pure pressure, I just decided to start up one day!!! I have loved it since!!! It relieves stress, and calms me down when I am upset!!!

by on May. 13, 2008 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrevorsMommy714
by on May. 13, 2008 at 1:04 AM
3 moms liked this
I started smoking at 9 years old.  My dad smoked and I wanted to be just like my daddy.  Well, my mom caught me and made me smoke a whole pack.  It did nothing for me, at 13 I was smoking casually and at 14 I started smoking 1/2 pack a day.  Now I am up to a pack, and under stress 2 packs a day.
lavonnaseyer
by on May. 13, 2008 at 9:16 AM
LOL, my mom did the same thing to me. I tried smoking when I was 10 and my mom caught me and made me smoke a whole pack then made me go to my cousins baseball game!!! I felt nauseated the whole time!!!
Quoting TrevorsMommy714:

I started smoking at 9 years old.  My dad smoked and I wanted to be just like my daddy.  Well, my mom caught me and made me smoke a whole pack.  It did nothing for me, at 13 I was smoking casually and at 14 I started smoking 1/2 pack a day.  Now I am up to a pack, and under stress 2 packs a day.

Do you think your child is cute??? If so, come join my group!!!

My Beautiful Baby/Child Photo Contest
http://www.cafemom.com/group/lavonnaseyersgroup

brendansmom15
by on May. 15, 2008 at 4:21 PM
I was 12 and my friends did it and so did their parents, so I tried it and liked it, i dont think i would cal it peer pressure bc i had plently of friends that didn't i just wanted to try it and liked it...i did it every now and tehn and then as i got older with crazy shit in my life i smoked regularly by the time i was in 9th grade

Proud Single Mama to Brendan 10/19/07 

AmberleesMoMMy
by on May. 16, 2008 at 3:21 PM
I started at 16, just because I wanted to try it .. and so happens I liked it! Im 23 years old and still smoke.

Ginny19
by on May. 16, 2008 at 11:43 PM
I started smoking at 15, because in 1963 it was fashionable, the thing to do, and there were NO warnings against it.  When I went to modeling school, they actually taught us how to smoke properly!!!!  So, now I'm 60 and still smoking and still enjoying it.  I think I have my dad's genes.  He started at 11 years old and is now 85 and still smoking.  His 74 years of smoking makes my 45 years of smoking seem like nothing!  LOL

P.S.  One of the comments said that they were forced to smoke a whole pack of cigs when they got caught.  My dad tells me that when he got caught, his mom made him EAT a whole pack of cigs. 

Ginny

The Daily Gratitude Journal group owner
 http://www.cafemom.com/group/23791                 

kirstynsmommy07
by on May. 19, 2008 at 12:04 PM
The first time I started smoking was around the age of 14. And that was because it was "cool" at school. For a long time I didn't smoke until I turned 19. Then it has been a habit that I can't kick. And it helps relieve stress and relaxes me.

Kirstyn's Mommy
lavonnaseyer
by on May. 20, 2008 at 3:00 AM
EWW, That would make me sooo sick, LOL!!!
Quoting Ginny19:

P.S.  One of the comments said that they were forced to smoke a whole pack of cigs when they got caught.  My dad tells me that when he got caught, his mom made him EAT a whole pack of cigs. 

Do you think your child is cute??? If so, come join my group!!!

My Beautiful Baby/Child Photo Contest
http://www.cafemom.com/group/lavonnaseyersgroup

SunsetBlaze
by on May. 20, 2008 at 9:59 AM
DITTO!!! Yuck!
Anyways....I started smoke between 14-16 I can't really remember. All I know is one of my friends was a smoker and I got really upset about something, and she offered me a cigarette just messing around. So of course I took it!!! Then I started smoking whenever I was stressed out or pissed off, and then eventually I started smoking everyday (Not sure what age but I know by high school I was hooked).

Quoting lavonnaseyer:

EWW, That would make me sooo sick, LOL!!!
Quoting Ginny19:

Banner made with BannerFans.com, hosted on ImageShack.us
alexjames
by on May. 22, 2008 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello fellow smokers, I am new to this group and I saw this post so I had to tell my little story...My sm caught me smoking at the age of 12 and I had been smoking for some time by then.  She yelled at me, slapped me and then cussed me telling me how I was supposed to set an example for my little bro's and sister's, (my dad and sm smoked, so I guess it was up to ME...) so she took me in her bathroom and said 'smoke this now, all of it' and handed me a cig...i acted like i didn't want it, she told me 'light it now!' and i did..then she had to go back in the kitchen (don't remember why) and I took 5 quick puffs..oh yeah, it was good, then she came back and was yelling and i kept acting like i didn't want it..but she made me smoke it...in my mind i was H A P P Y!!!!  We laugh about it now.
sillyone
by on May. 23, 2008 at 10:02 PM
I started smoking when I was 15. I was hanging out with the smokers, and just had a smoke here and there. Then my step-dad caught me, instead of making it hard for me, he made it easy by buying me a carton of cigs. each week. Before that I was not addicted but after that I started to smoke all of the time. I wish that he made it harder, instead of easier. Now he stop smoking and I'm still smoking. Life is funny sometimes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)