Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what age did you start smoking???

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What age did you start smoking?

Options:

12-14- why?

15-17- why?

other- what age and why?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 109

View Results

I am just curious what age everyone started smoking? Was it pure pressure or not?

I started smoking when I was 14, and it wasnt because of pure pressure, I just decided to start up one day!!! I have loved it since!!! It relieves stress, and calms me down when I am upset!!!

by on May. 13, 2008 at 1:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
JanelleBee
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM
7 moms liked this
I was 12 when I smoked my first. Loved it right away. Felt so grown up!
Karla1948
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:46 AM

That was me too! I'm sure the decision to become smokers is the first adult decision that many, if not most of us make.

Quoting JanelleBee:

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

JanelleBee
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:46 PM

BUMP!

apm101
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 13 when I started to smoke, my dad in Ohio gave me my first cigarette just to try it, who new i'd get addicted, well i'm 17 now and lets just say I hide it from my mom. her, my dad, and my step dad, and aunts smoke the other day my mom was on the phone and said if I started smoking she couldnt say much to me. should i tell her?

sara632
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this

That was me too...something about just felt amazing...then as I got older I would notice how boys would pay attention to me lol

Quoting JanelleBee:

Karla1948
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I felt the same thing too about how boys noticed me once I became a smoker. The first adult decision I made.

Quoting sara632:

That was me too...something about just felt amazing...then as I got older I would notice how boys would pay attention to me lol

Quoting JanelleBee:

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

sara632
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM
2 moms liked this

lol....I dont know its just by having that cigarette to some degree it just made me more of a bad girl which is kind of stupid looking back....but I guess I can understand it a little

AshleyP1981
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I got the occasional puff from my mom starting at 3 or 4, and when I was 6 she taught me to light cigarettes for her, and I would get 3 or 4 puffs each time, several times a day. By 7 I was smoking whole cigarettes, and have smoked ever since and love it!

Rachel53
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I started amoking arond the age of 13 - both my parents smoked back then so I had to try it !

MarceMom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I'd been smoking in secret for about 18 months - I stole my mom's Salems at first and then started buying my own after about 6 months when I was 16. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)