Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smoke Inside?

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2008 at 2:04 PM
  • 69 Replies
  • 13189 Total Views
Do you smoke inside your home or car when your kids are there? or when they are not?

Me, I do not smoke in my home, I did in my old apt b4 I got prego. I smoke in my car when my son is not in the car like after i drop him off or what not. I also smoke on my front porch with him playing outside near me....I know some ppl look down on it, but whatever. I was just wondering

Proud Single Mama to Brendan 10/19/07 

by on Jun. 5, 2008 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dahindamom
by on Jun. 5, 2008 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I follow the same rules as you do, brendansmom!  And we ROCK as moms!!!
ownedby3
by on Jun. 20, 2008 at 2:36 PM
We also follow the same rules you do.
trentonmom
by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 8:12 PM
3 moms liked this
I smoke in the house and in the car.
rochelle4
by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 9:19 PM
I only smoke outside and occasionally in my friend's van because she is a smoker, but not in my vehicle.

~Rochelle~

Married to the Air Force for 16 years

Mom to 4 Boys

blueseyes
by on Jun. 22, 2008 at 10:50 AM
I smoke outside.
Dawn
DizzyBlonde
by on Jul. 1, 2008 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Most of the time I walk out on my back deck to smoke. The only place in my house I smoke is in my little office.....I'm enjoying one now.....but......In my vehichle?????? Come on.....How can you even get into a car and NOT light a cigarette????
brendansmom15
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 4:52 PM

Quoting DizzyBlonde:

Most of the time I walk out on my back deck to smoke. The only place in my house I smoke is in my little office.....I'm enjoying one now.....but......In my vehichle?????? Come on.....How can you even get into a car and NOT light a cigarette????

oh i know, i used to go on road trips and go though over a pack just drivin, i miss that, gas is too expensive for all those road trips ne more =(

and i don't smoke with my son in the car, there are alot of ppl that do, and i'm sure i will but he is still so little.
AnneMarie0679
by on Jul. 4, 2008 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this
I smoke outside in my own home.  Which means it feels wierd when I visit one of my friends, and smoke in her living room, since she does smoke in her own home.  I also don't smoke in my d/h's car.  But I will definately smoke in my car if my kids aren't in it; if my kids aren't in it,however, I pretty much have a cigarette going the whole time I'm driving.

Anne.
proverbsgal40
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I smoke in the house but try to open windows to let fresh air in  at times. I smoke in my car too.  Since there aren't many places we can legally some anymore.  I truly believe a lot of the second-hand somke hysteria, is just that - hysteria.

Kris

babydollgal
by on Jan. 1, 2011 at 9:00 PM

I smoke in my office in my house, but generally go outside any other time.  As for the car . . . I USUALLY don't smoke in it when the kids are in it . . . USUALLY . . . :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN