Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you smoke inside your home or car when your kids are there? or when they are not?

Me, I do not smoke in my home, I did in my old apt b4 I got prego. I smoke in my car when my son is not in the car like after i drop him off or what not. I also smoke on my front porch with him playing outside near me....I know some ppl look down on it, but whatever. I was just wondering

Proud Single Mama to Brendan 10/19/07 

by on Jun. 5, 2008 at 2:04 PM
Replies (61-69):
NoRegretz
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:33 AM
3 moms liked this
I smoke inside.
ValG1973
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:54 PM
3 moms liked this
I smoke inside too. I've smoked far too long to worry about being politically correct now.
sometimesred
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 4:12 AM

I don't smoke in the cars, DH will stop when we are on long drives to let me smoke every so often.  I have smoked in the house at times, but not regularly.  Generally I go outside.  Only exception is in the bedroom.

loni_gatienne
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

i live alone, except for an occasional visit from my daughter. i do not place any restrictions on when or where i smoke, be it my home or my car/

TallBeth
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:33 AM
Husband and I both smoked in the house until we quit 3 years ago. When I started again last year I decided to not smoke in the house since he was still not smoking. We have a screen porch that's my smoking room. Except last winter during the polar vortex when I smoked in our guest bedroom. I smoke in my car with the windows cracked.
Karla1948
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Has your husband kept his quit, even though you lost yours?

Quoting TallBeth: Husband and I both smoked in the house until we quit 3 years ago. When I started again last year I decided to not smoke in the house since he was still not smoking. We have a screen porch that's my smoking room. Except last winter during the polar vortex when I smoked in our guest bedroom. I smoke in my car with the windows cracked.

TallBeth
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Yep. He seemed to have a much easier time quitting than I did.

Quoting Karla1948:

Quoting TallBeth: Husband and I both smoked in the house until we quit 3 years ago. When I started again last year I decided to not smoke in the house since he was still not smoking. We have a screen porch that's my smoking room. Except last winter during the polar vortex when I smoked in our guest bedroom. I smoke in my car with the windows cracked.

Karla1948
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I've read that it's much easier for men to quit than for women, and I do believe it. But even yet, your d/h must be very strong willed to keep his quit after you lost yours. Or he was low on the Fagestrom scale. When I met my d/h, he had been quit for several years, and after several weeks of dating, he was smoking again.

Quoting TallBeth: Yep. He seemed to have a much easier time quitting than I did.
Quoting Karla1948:

TallBeth
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:11 PM
He was not a super heavy smoker to begin with, and since his office went smoke free 8 or 9 years ago he was down to 1/2 ppd. He just didn't have time to go outside to smoke during the day, so it was really only a couple in the morning and a few at night with me.

Me on the other hand - I've been a nicotine slave ever since I started in my early 20s. The 2 years I quit were miserable. I gained 70 lbs, I was a total bitch, and every time I even smelled a cigarette I got the worst craving. Now that I'm smoking again I've lost about half the weight I gained. I'm much more civil. And ironically I'm in better physical condition. A year ago I would get winded going from my basement to my 2nd floor with all the extra weight I was carrying. Now I'm back to running up and down (usually with laundry baskets LOL).

Quoting Karla1948:

I've read that it's much easier for men to quit than for women, and I do believe it. But even yet, your d/h must be very strong willed to keep his quit after you lost yours. Or he was low on the Fagestrom scale. When I met my d/h, he had been quit for several years, and after several weeks of dating, he was smoking again.

Quoting TallBeth: Yep. He seemed to have a much easier time quitting than I did.

Quoting Karla1948:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)