Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

" You have Lupus,you would have been better off with lukemia''

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 4:45 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 470 Total Views
I am new so I figured I would tell how I found outy about this little gift...yeah right. Two years ago after a year of terrible leg and sholder pain I went to get blood work to check on my thyroid levels. A day later the doctor wants me to see hemotologist/oncologist doesn't realy say why.The next day I see this doctor he tells me I have an eighth of the red blood cells I should ond my plateletts are almost nonexistant.Then asks what do I know about lukemia?
He sends me down for a bonemarrow bi-opsy that was Friday. Tuesday he says come in next week but doesn't say what the results say, Then He says not to go see him but see a ruematologist. okay I go there he asks what do I know about lupus? Honest to god I said There was an x-files episode that the ladie had it and she only came out at night.
  He laughs and says it is time to read up your ana resaults conferm Lupus. I asked what does that have to do with lukemia? He laughs you don't have lukemia.I was like you mean I spent all this time pretty much planning on dying for nothing!
  Anyway I had alot of realy bad reactions including the one above. I am so grateful that I have found you guys. I am pretty much alone so it is nice to find people that deal with the same card I was delt.
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mompreneurMIBB
by New Member on Sep. 26, 2007 at 7:32 PM
Hang in there, I've been dealing with it for 13 years, I'm 35. Make sure you eat right and take care of yourself. First and foremost find a good rhematologist that you are comfortable with and trust. Best of luck. Feel free always to ask me any questions. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)