Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you any of you take Paxil?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2008 at 7:48 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 551 Total Views
How long have you been on it?  Have you tried to stop ?
Why did you start taking it?
I personally, stop taking it during my second pregnancy.  The Dr. said there were issues of it with pregnancy.  It was horrible the first month. I went thru serious withdrawls and would feel sick.  But, I had a horrible pregnancy too, so, it was quite a distraction from the withdrawls.
I don't think I ever want off it again though.  I am a very unstable emotional person without it. 
by on Jul. 20, 2008 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KimSecrets
by on Jul. 20, 2008 at 9:14 PM
I've been on Paxil for 12 yrs now.  I started out w/Zoloft, but it quit working after a year & that's when I started Paxil.  Paxil has worked great for me.  A couple of yrs ago I thought it would be a good idea to stop Paxil & try another kind of med, but the withdrawls were disasterous! 

I've been bi-polar all my life and I also suffer from anxiety & OCD.  Without the meds I would be a disaster.
rockenrhonda65
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2008 at 6:16 PM

I think that i am a little older than you all , but i have been on paxil.  I did not like it.  I put about 40 pounds on.  And when i tried to get off of it , i was a mess.  I was in Wal-Mart be myself and became so confused.  I started shaking, crying and going into a real bad panic attack.  I finally got off of it. I had another nervous break down a little over 2 years ago.  Now i am on effexor xr .  It is alright but i think i need something else to go along with it.  Something i can take as needed.  I get by day to day.how are you

KimSecrets
by on Jul. 21, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Yea, Paxil has made me gain a lot of weight. Probably about 35-40 pounds.  I've lost it but always gain it back :(  Thats probably my only complaint against Paxil.

Quoting rockenrhonda65:

I think that i am a little older than you all , but i have been on paxil.  I did not like it.  I put about 40 pounds on.  And when i tried to get off of it , i was a mess.  I was in Wal-Mart be myself and became so confused.  I started shaking, crying and going into a real bad panic attack.  I finally got off of it. I had another nervous break down a little over 2 years ago.  Now i am on effexor xr .  It is alright but i think i need something else to go along with it.  Something i can take as needed.  I get by day to day.how are you

MountainPawz
by Group Owner on Jul. 23, 2008 at 2:27 PM

I haven't noticed a weight difference since taking Paxil.  It does however make me forgetful.  I am so in each moment, that I forget what I was doing an hour prior.  Maybe it's motherhood and I have MOMNESIA. But,  I feel a constant slight high, but, it's weird, but it sure keeps my emotions in tact.  I am just not the extra sensitive overemotional person I used to be.

mstia
by on Sep. 20, 2008 at 1:01 PM

i just started on paxil. im hoping i wont have the weight  gain as im already chunky to start with

http://www.cafemom.com/group/69480- JOIN FASHION DIVAS FOR ALL THINGS FASHION AND BEAUTY!

kc4476
by Member on Sep. 29, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Thats weird before Paxil I was a forgetful person and then while on it I feel like I am not forgeting as much.  But I do know that everyone has different reactions to things. I was feeling the high in the beginning but now its not as much maybe my body is used to it.

Quoting MountainPawz:

I haven't noticed a weight difference since taking Paxil.  It does however make me forgetful.  I am so in each moment, that I forget what I was doing an hour prior.  Maybe it's motherhood and I have MOMNESIA. But,  I feel a constant slight high, but, it's weird, but it sure keeps my emotions in tact.  I am just not the extra sensitive overemotional person I used to be.

Mrs.Cheek2346
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 4:07 PM

I started taking Paxil after my 3rd child  and I think my depression comes from my first child and me not dooing anything about it But I have been taking Paxil off and on for about going on 2 and a half years and I love it.With My first Child I should have been put on a anti depreeion But I wasn't So I went a couple of years that where unhealthy and I had to do something because I felt like I was going to snap if I didn't get control of it so I did I went and asked My doctor for Paxil and IA tryed it and Like I said I swear By it every morning I wake up.

MountainPawz
by Group Owner on Aug. 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM

I stopped taking paxil two months after taking it for 6+  years. I think I just wanted to give my body a break and to see how I would do without it. Well, it's been two months and I haven't felt any different then when I was taking it.,  Perhaps I still have some in my system. :)  I don't know. I haven't had any meltdowns or sudden change of moods. So, I think I'll stay off it and see what happens. I'm sure if I start to get emotional again, I'll start it, but, so far without it ...I'm doing well whew

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)