Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello To All From an Ohio Grandma

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:55 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 205 Total Views

I am a Grandma of 4 soon to be 5, ranging from the age of 4 mos. to 3 yrs. I am raising two of  them at the moment.; the 4mo old and an 17mo old. I truly understand why you are supposed to have kids when you are in your 20's....I am exhausted all the time. Yet they do bring a lot of joy and laughter into our home.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jerigale
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:05 PM

hello i have been raising my granddaughter since she was 1 yr old. She is now 15. i know its alittle hard raising children after yours are raised. how old are your children? Do any of them still live at home? i got my grand daughter after my youngest moved oiut and was gone for 6mos. my husband and i was just getting used to doing our own thing.  then 1 nite i get a call from a friend of my daughter,come and get Heather,mom has been gone for 3 days and i cant keep watching her. See my oldest daughter is bi-polar.And at the time og Heathers young life her mom was in to drugs.I love my granddaughter dearly, and i have enjoyed her alot. her mother is doing better now,and she sees her daughter alot.Heather will stay with me until shes 18. my heart goes out to all the grandmothers who raise their grandchildren.it can be hard,but it is also rewarding,love all jerigale

mrsfredj
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 8:08 AM

We hve had our granddaughter since birth.  It is hard at our age, but it has been so rewarding.  I hate to think what would have happened to her if we had not taken her.  She is 12 now and the joy of our lives.  We even home school her and that is very rewarding.  I turned 66 this year, not planning on still raising children at this stage of my life, but I thank God for the opportunity to make a difference in one more life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)