Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking things for granit

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:11 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 473 Total Views

Whew !  I almost forgot how tough it is to keep everything running smoothly ............ Being empty nesters for only 26 days last October, then suddenly our Daughter was killed in a horrific auto accident.  Turning our worlds upside down.  Having to Retire early from the Healthcare world, be home all the time w/ appointments to taxi our Grand kids, dinner can no longer be when my Husband who is also Retired (policeman) and I want to eat.  We are now married for almost 9 years, we have a blended Family together we have 6 grown children and 14 Grand Children.

It's nothing now to hear " What's for breakfast, lunch and supper ".

" Are we there yet " , how long until we are " !!!!!

ADHD and Impluse control disorder and RAD are the Mental health issues our Grand Daughter has.  She is in therapy and attends every week.  My Husband and I both are in a Parenting class every week.  IF any one has any suggestions for us, please please please help....juggling

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grandmaofmany
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:08 PM

in my eyes you are doing every thing right. sorry to hear about your daughter

Deanacor1
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:29 AM
stop a breath for one thing,,lol sounds like your doing all you can do, I understand the therapy and Adhd, post traumatic stress, chromosome disorder. I've had these 2 for over 5 years now. it get's better, and if you need to vent or just somebody to talk too, your in the right place I'm very sorry about your Daughter, I have a good friend this happened to too, she raising 2 of her grand's now, you and your family are in my prays
mmstacy24
by Group Owner on Aug. 20, 2011 at 7:14 AM

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your daughter. Me and my husband have been raising two of our grandchildren. I lost my daughter in 2005 to a car accident. We are raising her two beautiful children. We've been blessed that they don't have any medical issues. But I've said that my grand daughter will be on meds by the time she is a teenager. Mental illness runs in my family.

Great to have you with us, Michele

tennis4two
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:30 AM

family carThank You !

This is a great site, I am thankful I stumbled acrossed it....or maybe God is the one who guieded me to here.  Almost time for us to attend church.....Have a very enjoyable Sunday .....

Living One Day At  A Time.....................is the best way....have a nice day

tennis4two
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Thank you so very much,

Yes, taking a breath and breathing and slowing down is just what I need to do.......

Sometimes I feel as if I don't get everything done in my day it won't get done.  Our Grand Daughter is 11 years old, she is a very good helper especially in the cleaning dept.  LOL

She actually enjoys cleaning the bathrooms, and mopping the floors.  That is great in my book!  Dusting is the part that I don't care for.....again she really enjoys doing that also.

@ the end of each week if all of her chores are completed then we give her an allowence.

She must place some of that into her savings, and a Dollar into the Church offering and then she has a rainy day fund that she saves also for something that she would like to have.  ( a want of her's )  We take care of her needs.

Thank you for being here for me......it is nice to know that someone else in this world is going through what I am also.

Keep in touch, I am here for you as well........

Living One Day At  A Time.....................is the best way....have a nice day

GrandmaLinda254
by Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Sounds as if your grand-daughter is a gem!  You are raising her the right way!

Deanacor1
by Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 2:41 AM

My grands love to clean too, my biggest problem is with the grandson,,he get's up before everybody and messes up the kitchen and livingroom, he does this so he can clean it. he know's I'll make him clean up cause it's his mess. I've talked to him but he still does it, he's 9 but mentally he's 3 to 5,,maybe he'll out grow this, I sure hope so

mmstacy24
by Group Owner on Aug. 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I paid my 7 year old grand daughter a dollar to dust the entertainment center for me. lol I gave her a quarter extra for doing such a good job. She was tickled pink with herself. I knew if it was going to get done it wouldn't be by me. I was so tired and had been busy all day. My grandson who is about to turn 9 has to take the garbage out.

grandmaofmany
by Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 9:33 PM

i wish i could say that but it takes every out of me to get the grand kids to do anything.they fill they don't have to do anything not even their own rooms, but it don't help when their own mother doesn't do any thing, shes always on the computer.

GrandmaLinda254
by Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Could you try letting your daughter have computer time in exchange for chores around the house?  Just an idea; I haven't been too successful in getting my son to do housework!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)