Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The rusults are in...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:03 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

The results for the paternity came yesterday. His voice was quavering as he told me that the results were 99.9973% that he is Jenna's father. I think that he was crying...I asked him if he had called my daughter and he said that he had promised to call me first and that he would call me again later, but could he come hang out with Jenna and I this weekend......

well, here we go - I could feel his excitement, and am happy that she has a dad. I am happy that he wants to come around and get to know her. We will talk and I will see where he stands, but I am feeling that he is wanting to share her, not take her away - that would be good. She can't have too much love and he has a good family. My daughter and I talked on the phone until 10:30 when he called her again...she has been clean for almost 3 months now - I hope this all has a happy ending some day soon.....I don't think that I could have picked a better dad for Jenna - that is important to me.   

thank you all for your support - I am worn out.....Brenda

Riotrail

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gentilynn
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Quoting Riotrail:

The results for the paternity came yesterday. His voice was quavering as he told me that the results were 99.9973% that he is Jenna's father. I think that he was crying...I asked him if he had called my daughter and he said that he had promised to call me first and that he would call me again later, but could he come hang out with Jenna and I this weekend......

well, here we go - I could feel his excitement, and am happy that she has a dad. I am happy that he wants to come around and get to know her. We will talk and I will see where he stands, but I am feeling that he is wanting to share her, not take her away - that would be good. She can't have too much love and he has a good family. My daughter and I talked on the phone until 10:30 when he called her again...she has been clean for almost 3 months now - I hope this all has a happy ending some day soon.....I don't think that I could have picked a better dad for Jenna - that is important to me.   

thank you all for your support - I am worn out.....Brenda

Dear Riotrail: I'm glad Jenna has a dad, too, and that her mom is doing so well. This is bound to have a lot of good consequences. Thre mya still be some bumps in the road, but for now, please try to be happy,if only cautiously so.

And please try to take a break! It's no good for anyone,least of all, Jenna, if you're "worn out,"either mentally or physically. When she's napping -- or better, ifyou can find someone else you trust to watch her for a few hours -- please do something you enjoy -- even if it's just putting your feet up and watching favortie TV shows -- and try to totally put this whole situation out of your mind for a while.

Que sera, sera, as they say.What will be, will be.But it looks liek ti will all be for the best.

mmstacy24
by Group Owner on Jun. 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM

That's great news. I'm glad that things are working out for you so far. Thank God she has a father that wants to be part of her life. There will be so much about your grand daughter you will need to teach him. I hope you get along with the other grand parents just as well. I hope you get your happy ending.

Riotrail
by Member on Jun. 15, 2009 at 1:18 PM

thanks you all - he has alot on his plate too, as it turns out. So I am not unneeded. There will definitely be some bumps in the road with Jenna's parents (both of them) I am here for her and am not going anywhere - she is in  good hands and I will make sure that she is, no matter what comes along. I haven't heard a word from the other grandparents - that doesn't seem too normal to me. I would be freaking out wanting to see my granddaughter if I just found out that I had one....we will see where this all goes, I am just going to relax and not worry about it....brenda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)