Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO NOT FAIR!! UPDATE!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:07 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 473 Total Views

My attorney just called me...he got the letter from my husbands atty., and he was super pissed! Hubby wants the house sold NOW..he wants 1/3, I'd get 2/3...and that's IT!! No alimony, I don't touch his pension or retirement, he'd pay 1/2 the mortgage til our dtr. graduates in June, and I would be responsible for all expenses regarding the house. WTF is he thinking??? After 21 years of marriage, him walking out on us over 8 years ago! He's just being an a**hole right now, even my atty's. secretary said as much! Now I have to lay out $2500 for a retainer in order to go to litigation....this is so not fair!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
twice24sd
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Oh Debbie!

The rule of thumb is.....an a$$hole during marriage is a

BIGGER

a$$hole during a divorce!  I feel your pain...my divorce isn't over yet either!!

Lavonne

dncnmom
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Yup, and I am finding this out the hard way! LOL My atty. told me to go ahead and change the locks and security code, pack up his stuff and tell him to come get it. And that is just what I'm gonna do this weekend! He's gonna be one angry man...

dncnmom
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Well, I didn't get the locks changed this weekend, but I did pack up all of hubby's clothes - 8 huge 30 gallon bags full! He came by the house today while I was at work, and called me when he left. "I see you're clearing me out" LMAO  Well, hell yes!! He still thinks we should sit down and work things out without an attorney, even though he's already told me I shouldn't get anything but 1/3 the house. When I mentioned the alimony again, which I need to keep up the house payments, and which he has basically been paying all these past years anyway, he said no way, cause he is only living in a small room he rents and wouldn't be able to afford an apt. I told him it was HIS choice, and he told me that I didn't want him living at home when he left. He had already been staying out most of the time anyway, so what does he think?? I did tell him that I was changing the locks and security code, as I didn't want him coming and going at will anymore. The battle lines are drawn!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)