Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE OF THESE

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 4:16 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 280 Total Views
I was wondering if anyone had a FRESH child, one that bites, slaps, pinches and what do you do to correct this issue and oh ya letting liquid he/she drinks just come pouring out there mouth and then as its pouring out to the spitting thing so it goes everywhere.  I will have my son sitting on my lap and he is all fine and being nice giving me hugs then all of a sudden he bites my shoulder,  I tell him NO and then he keeps trying to bite me, then I tell him NO dont bite mommy that hurts he then slaps me in the face and pinches my cheek, I grab his wrist and tell him dont hit mommy then he tries to bite my hand, he laughs at me and thinks its funny.  I bit him once not hard and he laughed at me.  I dont know if he is old enough to understand he is doing something wrong, he may think its play.  I am the only one he bites and slaps he doesnt do it with daddy.

Any advice will do.

Thanks in advance
Gale
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
krielly
by Group Owner on Apr. 14, 2007 at 5:09 PM
What you're doing seems to be right. Tell him no firmly and remove him from the area, take away what he's playing with or eating & drinking. What does your spouse think, does he do it to him too?
momtoonein06
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Quoting krielly:

What you're doing seems to be right. Tell him no firmly and remove him from the area, take away what he's playing with or eating & drinking. What does your spouse think, does he do it to him too?

I do put him on the floor and daddy was taking his cup away but I felt bad about doing that he needs to drink, but guess we both have to consistent on taking cups away.  He doesnt slap, bite, or pinch daddy.  He does reprimand him and take him off my lap when he does what he does to me.
Dianaiya
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 2:41 AM
i catch my daughter drinking her milk and then letting it flow out of her mouth making a big soaking mess. so, i just take it away and tell her she's done.  but, i don't have a problem with biting or anything like that.
momtoonein06
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 10:16 AM

Quoting Dianaiya:

i catch my daughter drinking her milk and then letting it flow out of her mouth making a big soaking mess. so, i just take it away and tell her she's done.  but, i don't have a problem with biting or anything like that.

How old is your daughter and when did she start doing that, I dont understand why they do it.  How long do you take the cup away from her.  My cousin said he son did the same thing and she took it away said NO dont spit it out and she left it where he could see it and out of his reach, she said it took awhile but he got it after awhile that letting it pour out is a bad thing.
aquagrl7781
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 1:02 PM
I am going through the same thing, my little boy is almost 2, and he is so mean to me and his little cousin, they are a couple months apart and she lives us, so they are more like brother and sister. I have started to do it back to him, whatever he does to me. I yell ow and then on his arm I will pinch him, or slap him, not extremely hard or anything just enough so he knows it hurts and for biting I use soap, I only had to do it twice and he has not bit again, if I see him go to bite, I ask him do you want soap, and he shakes his head no and walks away. I not sure if any of this will help you, but like I said I am trying everything too! Good Luck
onlychildmom
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 1:10 PM
I think your child might be ready to learn about "time out" or a "naughty chair".  He/she needs to know that this sort of behavior will NOT earn them attention.  Be strong.  It will pass. But, you have to be consistent and calm.  If the child knows they are controlling you (or the situation), they will continue to use this behavior to gain control.  Feel free to message me, if you want to talk.  I went through a little of this and my son is an angel now.  He's 10, and has never had a big spanking.  I promise, it gets better!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)