Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does repetition REALLY work??

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 11:01 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 208 Total Views
I posted this in another group...but need answers
YellUGH!! My mom keeps telling me that "repetition is key".
Ok, so this is the thing, I'm a SAHM and my 10 month old only knows ONE word. Da-da, THAT'S IT!!! So I've been trying colors and numbers, words, everything. And he looks at me like I'm not the shapest tool in the shed. Lol. Ya know? So let me know if I should just try something else or stick with what isn't working. Undecided
Thx in advance.
by on May. 4, 2007 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Adnil
by on May. 4, 2007 at 11:07 AM

Give it time..I repitition does work..Don't worry..Just be patient.  :) Your little one may not get it right away,  he will figure it out..remember children learn at different paces..you will be pleasantly suprised..but make it fun for him..not work...:) They tend to resist if they are being pushed too much and they sense your frustration and stress..

Linda

lilkyredneck
by on May. 4, 2007 at 11:16 AM
Have you tried the brainy baby movies or baby einstien my lil girl is like on a late 2 yr old early 3 yr old stage and loves those movies you can get them at like walmart and other places they come in different age groups they are made with things that capture the attention like a spinnin top or on brainy baby  left-brain they have the alphabet marching accross the screen and numbers too they just keep thier attention and hold it and they learn try that
mommyintheLou
by on May. 4, 2007 at 2:59 PM
it does work I promise. My son was 12 months old before he ever said Mama..that little stinke said Dada; dog; and cool before he said Mama
momtoonein06
by on May. 6, 2007 at 12:04 PM
MOMS KNOW BEST.  repetion is the key, just read to him show him pictures of different things tell him what they are, in everyday life when he is drinking water tell him its water, juice, milk etc.  When he points to something or is playing with something tell him what it is, say words to him everyday, I never thougth my son would say certain words and one day out of the blue he said a word I didnt think he would ever say, they take in so much, and I know they wont say a word unless they know they can actually say it.

Hang in there, he will be talking before you know it.

Gale

My son is 15 months and he says 10 or so words.  Dada being the first word, he says mama, kitty, teddy, doggie, bailey (our dogs name), go, bubbles, thank you, oh oh or oh no, cookie, balloon but comes out boon,

Just show him pictures and tell him what they are, he will surprise you someday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)