Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help! my little boy....

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 1:59 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 235 Total Views
Hasnt been able to poop! Im breastfeeding him, and he hasnt really pooped i gave him a little castro oil yesterday and thats the only time he has pooped! Ive been putting his feet up over his tummy and still nothing. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Thanks 
by on May. 4, 2007 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SJMVarner
by on May. 4, 2007 at 2:30 PM
I mix Gerber apple prune juice (it comes in 4 oz bottles from the baby section of a grocery store) with 4 oz of water.  I always keep it on hand.  It works great. 
Mama2Joshy
by on May. 4, 2007 at 7:50 PM
if you are pumping, you can put a little of the clear karo syrup in the bottle. i really would call your ped tho.
AJB-Ma
by on May. 4, 2007 at 7:53 PM
How long has it been? It's ok, he can go up to 3-4 days. My lactation consultant told me that. I had the same issue. Talk to the ped if you are still worried.
and Breastfeeding.com
is a GREAT site!!!!!
Good luck!!!
SciGeek
by on May. 5, 2007 at 5:49 PM
You've got the basics.
1.  Talk to your pediatrician.
2.  Dose him with prunes (cherries, apricots...) as needed, if he's old enough for solids or will take a bottle.  You could also pump and mix prune juice with milk.  We had to feed my daughter a daily serving (1-2 oz) of prunes from 6-11 months, and now she doesn't need or want them.
3.  Baby yoga: 
     With him on his back and you holding onto his thighs, bring each knee up to the chest, alternating sides.  Do a set of 10 (5/side), then rest/play.  Repeat 3 times, if he'll let you.
    Move both legs/thighs together in a CLOCKWISE direction.  If he's very little, this is easiest with him held vertically with his back against your chest with one hand, and use the other to "swirl" his legs.  If he's a little older,  it's best if he's on his back.
Good Luck!
britme1027
by on May. 5, 2007 at 5:53 PM
i would call the doctor cause he mite have to be changed to something else .i would also try this apple baby food by gerber
Mama2Joshy
by on May. 5, 2007 at 9:00 PM
i just noticed that your son is 2 months old. i would call the Dr or nurse line if there is one and ask what to do.
gypsydancer7
by on May. 5, 2007 at 9:05 PM
I went through the same thing but found out this is normal for that age. I guess aroung the 1-2 month mark kids bowel movements slow to about once every 3-4 days. Some kids though will go once a day. Still talk to the pedi though just to be safe...
Stephanie-fla
by on May. 5, 2007 at 9:13 PM
Just at thought. Since your breastfeeding I would think it would be odd that your  can't baby go. Unless your baby isn't full time breastfed. I would recommend you eat some greens and fiber foods. It just might pass through the milk and help..who knows..Just a thoughtLaughing
aquagrl7781
by on May. 5, 2007 at 9:23 PM
since you are breastfeeding he can go every 3-4 days at least that is what my Dr told me, cuz I had the same concern, he told me that becasue breast milk does not have all the icky stuff he wont have as much waste, but if you are worried you should talk to your Dr

Nikki
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)