Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone here from Long Island/ Queens?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:19 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 189 Total Views

Well, I didn't exactly just move here or anything. I lived here most of my life. It's just that none of my friends have kids. My daughter is 5, and has friends only in school. On the weekends, she either sits home all weekend, while I clean or whatever, or she goes out with my sister, her bf and the dogs.FrownI would like to meets some new friends that have this kid thing in common with me, so I don't feel so alienated. I would also like for Taylor to have kids to play with when she's not in school. She gets along with kids of all ages.

by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
krielly
by Group Owner on Feb. 27, 2007 at 9:51 AM
Hi, nice to meet you. Is there a reason you don't set up playdates for her to have some school friends over on the weekends? Does she go to any sports, brownies/girl scouts or any of those activities?
denmar29
by on Feb. 27, 2007 at 8:13 PM
Hi baby_jayne. I live in Hicksville. I'm a SAHM with a 14 year old son. I feel bad because my son has no friends either. It is not easy to meet people here because everyone is working to pay their bills. I was one of them until I got laid off. I hope you have better luck than me. Have a good day, Marie.
baby_jayne
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Quoting krielly:

Hi, nice to meet you. Is there a reason you don't set up playdates for her to have some school friends over on the weekends? Does she go to any sports, brownies/girl scouts or any of those activities?
I've tried playdates before. Being an only child, she doesn't handle other kids playing with her toys well, and it doesn't seem these LI moms like having kids at their houses. She's not in any of those activities yet. I plan on getting her into a few things in time. Right now, my budget won't allow any unneccesary spending (ie:dance, karate, soccer, etc...) Even the things that are free, cost money I don't have. Uniforms and what not. But thank you for your thoughts! 
krielly
by Group Owner on Mar. 7, 2007 at 9:52 AM
How does she act in school with other kids? I hate to say it, but you've got to keep trying with playdates, having just 1-2 other kids at your house so she can learn how to share. Otherwise it'll hurt her making friends later, which will put more pressure on you to be her playdate all the time. Obviously, it'd be nice for the other moms to reciprocate and have her over to their house, but not all parents are like that. Does your library offer any free storytimes or other kid programs?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)