Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and your husband agree on the number of kids you'll have?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:31 AM
  • 182 Replies
  • 3720 Total Views
If not, was there a compromise made? Or are one of you not going to be happy with the final decision?

Moms with One Child Group Owner

Canton Michigan Area Moms Group Owner

Hot Topics Moderator

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cozycabinmom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:33 AM
WE BOTH AGREED THAT AFTER HAVING ONE CHILD...THAT ONE CHILD IS WHAT WORKS BEST FOR OUR FAMILY AND WE ARE BOTH CONTENT W/ OUR DECISION. :)
skylersmom44
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:35 AM
We only have one right now but we both agree that 2 or 3 is our magic number. We will see when we get there.
SassyHfPt
I always said I wanted one child, a boy, and thats what I got. but now.....Id like to try for the girl. If I get pregnant again and have another boy, then thats it, no more than 2. My husband doesnt even really wanna try for another one.

Laura
Check out my baby at:
https://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/cupie/
myspace.com/sassyhfpt

Ashtonsmommy529

My husband only want's 1 child. I have always wanted 2 and he knows that. So we finally decided that since Ashton is 4 years old that we can have baby #2 early 2009. Therefore get preggers next year. His only request was that I was still preggo during hunting season, but he would give up Ice fishing if needed. Man he is nice. LOL

brandymay07
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:46 AM

We both go back and forth on the subject.  We both know that financially right now we only can afford the one we have.  Once in a while though I think that I would like to have another one and I will mention it to him, and then he reminds me that i dont really want one.  the next time, he will start to think that he wants another one, and we always end up with the same conclusion.... not yet.
caramel40
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:49 AM
We agreed to 2, but my body is not cooperating so we just have 1. My husband is very angry over this , but I've had too many health issues relating to pregnancies, I've had one pregnancy where they could not find anything,but my HCG levels were high so they terminated it by giving me a shot of methotrexate in my booty in 2000, the 2nd pregnancy I developed high blood pressure and swelling, but she was a full term pregnancy and in 2003 I had a miscarriage. Not using protect and nothing has happened since 2003, I'm finished.
caramel40
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:50 AM

WOW, that's nice, I don't have a relationship like that with my husband

krielly
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:53 AM
Before we got married we both said we'd like 2 kids. After having Meredith I knew I was not meant to have any more kids. The physical and emotional toll of being pregnant (I was in the hospital 9x between 28-35 weeks to stop contractions and I lost 13 pounds between weeks 7-12 because of morning sickness) was more than I could take when I didn't have a kids to take care of, let alone now with my daughter. My husband went back to school when she was a little over 2 and because he was gone a lot at night for school I said we weren't discussing it until he graduated.

Now that he's graduated I brought it up again, even though my feelings haven't changed. He goes back and forth, saying he figured we wouldn't have any more since we waited so long, that if we didn't when she was young, it wasn't going to happen. But then he also says how he'd like to have a boy.

I don't know if there's anything he can say to convince me to go through all that again. I know I may not have a horrible pregnancy like the first. And Meredith's such a great kid, never sick, hardly ever backtalks, sleeps great, etc. that I know we wouldn't be that lucky again :-)  But I certainly couldn't handle a kid who didn't behave most of the time. And having a kid with allergies or who was sick a lot would be an awful thing for them to go through.

But the discussion is still open. Even if I'm not changing my mind, I still want to know how he truly feels on the subject.

Moms with One Child Group Owner

Canton Michigan Area Moms Group Owner

Hot Topics Moderator

AvasMom713
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:56 AM
this is my exact situation! i wanted a girl, got her, and now i want a boy... BUT nooo more then 2 kids!! and my hubby really just likes one,  but i think he would love a little boy!
Quoting SassyHfPt:

I always said I wanted one child, a boy, and thats what I got. but now.....Id like to try for the girl. If I get pregnant again and have another boy, then thats it, no more than 2. My husband doesnt even really wanna try for another one.

Laura
Check out my baby at:
https://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/cupie/
myspace.com/sassyhfpt

taliarosesmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:57 AM
NO, we dont agree.  Before we got married we DID agree that one child would be perfect (esp since he has a daughter from a previous marriage).  However, since having my daughter I've loved being a mom sooooooo much that I want another one.  Having said that, I realize that it'd be a huge challenge considering that we both have to work and there would be child care issues. If I knew my MIL would watch the new baby, then I'd definitely go for it.  If I do decide to go for it, my hubby would support my decision, because that's the kinda guy he is!    He is trying to talk me out of it though. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)