Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bumpers in cribs

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:14 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 152 Total Views
So my sister (mother of two) informed me yesterday that when my daughter started rolling over i should have taken the bumper out of her crib so she wouldn't sufficate. First is that true? I have never heard that before.

Second, i put my wonderful daughter who had been up since 5am and only taken about 1 1/2 hour nap all day to bed and she rolled right over and hit her head and woke up screaming.

So i called my mom and asked her...now i want to know what other moms think
Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CandGLoveMad
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:30 AM
Take the bumper off.. its more safe.. my son rolled out when he was young i took the bumpers off and its more safer.. so i suggest you to take the bumper off..

Crystal
rachelnjoseph
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:04 AM
My son is 10 months old and i still use his bumper, because when i DID take his bumper off...he'll wake up crying because his legs get caught in the bars. So, i'll leave it on. Of course, It's up to you.

-+- Rachael -+-
JessicasMom123
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:05 PM
Thanks for the input. I put them back on last night and will leave them on for now...we shall see what the future holds for the bumpers!

lilbeansmommy
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:14 PM

Quoting JessicasMom123:

Thanks for the input. I put them back on last night and will leave them on for now...we shall see what the future holds for the bumpers!

I have mine on but if you are really worried about it they make breathable bumpers.  I think they sell them at Target
brandymay07
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 4:56 PM

I also heard that you should take the bumpers off of the crib when they start rolling over.  So we did..... and that night my son woke up screaming because his leg was twisted in the bars.  We put them back on and kept them on until just recently when took one side off of the crib and converted it into a toddler bed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)