Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

These are things that my husband allowed my mother-in-law to do.
The reason I say he (allowed) is because, I feel like at any point he could have stepped in and spoke up for us, his (Wife and Children). But for Ten years he choose to make up excuses for her and the rest of his family.....So for the last few years I have been treating her just like she treats me and my babies(Her Grandchildren) It's funny how everybody in their family notices how I start to treat her, but never noticed how she treated us for all that time.....Whatever!

I told my husband that I was no longer going to let her do us like that, she is a grown ass woman and he was not going to continue to make excuses for her....

1. She always played my husband against me. and he always acted like he couldn't see it..

She always showed favoritism against my children for his sisters kids, and they all about the same age...

.For ten years they have always treated the ex-girlfriend like a part of the family with no respect as to how it made me feel. And no she does not have any kids with my husband and after 10 years she is still hanging around....

They would not have seen my children for 6 months and when they finally see them they act like they don't even know them...

They never call my children or buy them anything for their birthday's or Christmas. And when holidays come around I always get his sister's kids gift's .

6. She always has something negative to say about anything that we do.

There is so much more But I don't want to make this longer than it has to be,
One thing that I do know is that, I pray everyday that I will never become a mother-in law and grandmother like her....

Much Love, Hugs & KissesTongue out
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 11:12 AM
Replies (11-12):
happinessforyou
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I too have had a MIL from hell! Now Jesus has to deal with her! lol 

But boy did I learn a huge lesson about what makes a good MIL. I guess I should thank her for showing me the difference. angel mini

hmichel00
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

When my hubby and I got married 10 1/2 years ago I considdered myself very lucky to have a very kind and generous MIL. It wasn't until unfortunate cercumstances came about and we actually moved in with her 2 years ago that things changed. I knew she was a clean freak...but seriously I can never do anything right! I don't do the laundry right or wash the dishes the right way or dust or vacuum or anything. But that's not the worst part. She is SUPER religious to the point of spraying my kids with holy water and signing crosses on their forheads when she thinks I'm not looking. (hubby and I are not religious and are not raising our kids with religion) She also constantly talks to me about how terrible abortion is (though I've NEVER had one)  and how everyong that doesn't recognize that Catholicism as the one true religion then they are ignorant. She also says that she made SOOOO many mistakes when she was raising her 3 boys and she wishes she had someone to teach her the right way. My husband is a loving hardworking man and a great father....so I guess she considers the fact that he is not a Catholic man raising his children in the Catholic church a BIG failure. It is really hard to deal with on a daily bases. Not only has it changed my opinion of my MIL but it has changed my whole opinion on religion in general. I used to consider myself a very openminded person.....uuugggghhhh :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN