Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They all hate me (long)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:26 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 269 Total Views

It's so nice to know I am in this group that knows exactly what I go through! I joined today and it's already my favorite group!

I will try to make it short as possible, My husband's family is so deranged. FIL is a criminal that got out of the prison the same month I met my husband, he is an alcoholic. When he found out I was pregnant he turned drunk the rest of the night and yelled at my husband (boyfriend at the time) and I to get an abortion. "It would be the best thing to not have this child enter the world I WILL EVEN PAY FOR IT!!" Yet the next day he went telling the extended family about my pregnancy probably didn't remember what he said in drunken anger. He has yelled at me numerous times while I was pregnant and emotional. That's I chose not to tell him (or anyone for that matter) when I went into labor and gave birth to my son. I know that sounded cruel but he did many unspeakable things before the birth.  For example, he came to my apartment, knocked once and then he put his hand on the knob and walked himself in!! Just trespassed like a criminal he already was, he definetly did not give him an impression that it was okay to simply walk in my own apartment!! He ended up doing the same thing to the next place I moved into. Instead of owning up to it, he lied and said "The door cracked open" My brother was there and saw him turn the knob. EVEN THEN if the door cracked open it DOES NOT give you a right to just walk in someone else's home!!!! My husband confronted him and AGAIN he tried to blame on me saying "Yeah well why was David in a room by himself?" My son, David was ASLEEP and my BROTHER was sitting next to him while I was in the bathroom when he walked in!! He is a compulsive liar and never takes ownership.

MIL is like a broken record, she has a snotty, arrogance to her and assume everything I do is wrong as a mother. She always talks down to me and tries to convince herself that she is being nice. Denial.

SIL's. I get along with the youngest. But she does gossip and is a snitch.

The middle child, the 18 year I CANNOT STAND, With parents like those, which by the way give her empty threats all the time and enable the crap out of her, is the most spoiled little brat ever!! She wants everything her way and she pouts at the stupidest little thing. She instigates ALOT of fights but when it is pointed at her, all of a sudden she tries to make herself the victim and little miss innocent. HER FAMILY ACTUALLY BUY INTO THAT!! She has never said sorry for anything she has done, the second she wants something, she turns on the charm and BAM she gets what she wants. I am so sick of her. I show it too and she focuses her anger on me because I am not doing what everyone else is doing and I am going against her. She has NEVER said anything to me face, as usual, she talks behind my back or I overhear her talking shit about me to her friends, other family members.

I talked to the aunt, (I have felt HER wrath a few times)which has grown to disassociate from that family now, and she agrees with me that she is a spoiled brat and everyone around her enables that behavior. My husband thinks so too. That's why he is now estranged from his own familiy because he is sick of the way how hateful his entire family has treated me!! He hasn't even told them that we are married! We got married last September. Even for ME I think that is shocking. But like he standing behind me, I got to stand behind him as well.

I just wish it would all go away and they would all make a 180 and change for the better so that they can be a much more positive influence on my child. I know I wasn't innocent either, I have had my share of immaturity but I have changed since then and I wish they would too. I would HATE to have them putting negative thoughts in my son's head when he gets older.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Southern_Flirt
by New Member on Jul. 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I can kind of relate to some of what you have said. My SIL, A, has been the same way. She loves to start crap & when its pointed back at her she starts crying & playing 'victim'! Yeah ok whatever. She's mad cause my husband moved away from her & she has to support herself without his help! She has caused so much problems for my husband & me when it comes to his family. He too has pulled away from them all cause of her lies & bullshit. Its truly sad. She has even come between my husband & his kids due to her petty bullshit lies. She sits & laughs about it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)