Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just joined, need to vent

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:56 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 352 Total Views

My mother in law really dont like me.

the sad part is she is so nice to my face but talks crap behind my back TO MY husband, telling him that he could get better.

oh wait i lied she had talked crap to my face but guess what it was in spanish and i had no idea what she was saying.. to me that is soooo rude. my husband ended up telling me what she said because i bugged and bugged him.. she had the nerve to call me lazy 2 weeks after i had my daughter!

the good thing is, she lives in a different state and she was just here to visit to see her new granddaughter. and the same day she called me lazy, i had gotten up and went to fold laundry and she got upset at my because she was her to visit and to get to kno me and i was off doing laundry.. are you kidding me she just called me lazy and now i cant do my laundry.

i have only been with my husband for about 2 years now, and i dont see this situation getting any better! by the way sister in law, who actually lives here is the same way! whoo hoo

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Southern_Flirt
by New Member on Jul. 14, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Its always damned if you do & damned if you don't when it comes to a MIL. I know not all MIL's are this way. I still love my 2 ex MIL's. The 1st one we had our differences but we get along good. 2nd one never had a problem one with her. Don't ever try to please someone who talks shit about you. The next time MIL was in YOUR home & she started talking in Spanish I'd tell her she was in your home & to not be rude that if she had something to say to you to say it in English to your face!

Don't get me started about  a SIL!! Mine is a bitch from HELL!

mommyof2girls13
by Member on Aug. 2, 2010 at 1:40 PM
I know how you feel. I have the same problem w/my MIL and SIL's. When I had my baby almost a yr. ago. She came to see baby and didn't bother taking any pics of me and husband w/our baby. She came took pics of her and hubbys dad and my SIL w/her new boyfriend we only met twice with our baby...but not us! She didn't bother helping me after I had my c-section either, but complains about our house too. MIl's are so overbearing! I have 2 SIL that talk crap about me. Does your hubby stand up for you at all? Mine doesn't. He's deaf and blind to their evil ways! Tell them they're not welcome in your home anymore if they can't respect you. My in-laws talk crap in front of my kids about me. You have to stop it now, or they'll do the same to you.
TiaraMom19
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Hi,I dont know why it still amazes me to hear women in the same situation.It boggels my mind how narcissistic some mils are.....and how are dhs play deaf,dumb,and blind.

Well dh finally had to wake up.Mil was getting sloppy in her dirty work.Dh finally stood up for me.Think thats sweet.......I did too.Lets just say I know why now why our dhs play deaf,dumb,and blind.Hes actually trying to protect your family from her wrath!(trust me some mils are creepy)

~Guess what happened next

To our horror she turned everyone in the family against us,and disowned us and our kids.

I feel horrible for our kids.......but I just think shes sick.......and dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya....lol....

~Tia

kleigh24
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2010 at 9:33 AM
I live with my inlaws, hopefully not for long and trust me every day is a battle, she tells me how to dress my kids, what to feed them, what time to put them to bed but I dont let her push me around and I tell her to back off because I may live in her house ( not for free may I add) but these are my kids and she will not be telling me how to raise them. My hubby sticks up for me all the time but im a big girl and I cant hold my own to his mom.
TiaraMom19
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Hi,I think ive figured out why dhs play deaf,dumb,and blind.They know their moms.You cant win.If you defy them they will bury you and unleash a wrath on you .....you wont believe....lol...

My dh finally defended me.I felt so honored and validated:).Then to my horror that woman set out a hurt and wippen on me in little ways every chance she could get.We have no contact now.She doesnt acknowledge us or our kids.

Its a sad situation and she is a sad person.

~Tia

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)