Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boy do I need this group!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 376 Total Views

Hi everyone! I am Renee and thank you so much for creating this group.  I am just getting back on CM and I am so glad I found this group! I have a horrible MIL...not mother but monster in law.  I have so many stories of how that woman has tried to ruin my life but the worst one will for sure get the point of how awful she is across to ya'll.  This last year, with help of a friend in child services, my MIL tried to take my kids ( I have a 12 year old and 3 year old triplets...all girls).  After talking with other family members, I found out that she was trying to make it look like I needed to be locked up in a mental facility. DCS shows up at my door one day, tells me that I am neglecting my children and proceeds to take my 4 daughters from me.  The case worker was an old friend of hers and made if very clear to me that she would do anything to help the MIL.  We had to prove that we were fit parents to the courts.  She was going to foster my kids, and get 3,000 a month.  She quit her job and quit paying her bills.  This was how sure she was that she would be getting money....she was always coming up with ways to make money! Long story short we got our daughters back way earlier than she had thought.  We proved ourselves to the courts and with the help of another case worker, stopped them from ruining our lives.  She not only did this to me and my daughters but did this to her son.  How could a mother do that to her own son? Sorry this is a long story short and I have to hold myself back from going on and on but thank you so much for creating this group! I would love to meet some new Momfriends and it's awesome that the Moms in this group will have something in common...although I hope none of you have to go through what our family went through cause of your Monster-in-law!

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
syoumans77
by Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Welcome to the group! 

Mine wants that to happen to us.  She already tried it with her daughter a few years ago.  Thing is, DYFS will NEVER give her any of them because 3 of her own kids were taken away twice.  That's right...not once but twice.  DH was not one of the 3 taken.  He was however given custody of the 3 when he was just 22 years old.  MIL is horrible as are the rest of them. 

I understand how you feel with the manipulating, but I can't imagine how horrible it was to actually have your girls taken from you.  I am SO glad you got them back. 

Feel free to complain all you want.  I have and have gotten pretty good support/feedback from the ladies in here. :)

AlyssaN
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome. My MIL hates my guts because I'm the stepmom to her grandkids, not her. She wanted us to divorce so hubby and she can raise the kids. She's banned me from her property, which is fine by me so I don't ever have to see her ugly face lol.
Can you put distance between yourselves?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VanillaBlondie8
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Wow what a true MONSTER-in-law!!!! OMG I would NEVER let her see my kids again & ban her from mine & my kids lives for good!!!!... If DH wants to still see his mother that'll be HIS prob but she will NEVER see me & my kids!!!, How dare her put your poor children through that drama!!!. I'm so sorry she put you & your family through that stress. ((HUGS)).

dresdenfan118
by Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I hope that woman is cut off forever from all of you.  I hope that CPS worker lost of her job for unethical conduct.

tripsmama
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM

yes that is what we did! We moved back to FL and she is far away now!

tripsmama
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Thanks for all the replies and sorry it took me so long to reply! We since moved and I finally have my cafemom back! You know that old saying, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"....

hkcason
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM

holy crap what a horrible person!! mines just a bitch who ignores us, can't imagine how awful that must have been. good 4 u 4 getting the hell out of there. wish we could move but i don't want to punish my mom. i'm rather new too but wow have these ladies got good advie, & stories so welcome!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

muisjes
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:48 AM
My MIL is telling me that she will take my dd for a two week holiday with her. I don't f***ing think so! I will not let her ave my kids even for a sleepover! She's mental
Yentush
by New Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Waht happened to the original CPS worker?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)