Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So not MIL problem friend problem

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 212 Total Views
So I'm wondering if I'm a wierd friend or a stalker friend you hear of. My next door neighbor was my nanny for 2 years until last month when I unexpected was laid off. We went to lunch with the kids almost every week. I was in her wedding. We have only know each other for like 2 and a half years but we get along well enough. I find myself the backseat friend. She has an opinion about everything and isn't afraid to share. Sometimes I feel bad because they poke fun at my jeans and low cut easy access for breastfeeding shirt style. Also that my children are attached at the hip to me and my 2 yr old daughter can't play without me or someone else. She comments if DD has to thick or light of clothes on. Her 1 yr wedding anniversary was Monday. I love to bake so I made her favorite chocolate cake with a chocolate buttercream frosting 2 tier mini wedding cake. She didn't even say thank you and let her son eat most of it before they even got home from their dinner date. My daughter and hers are really close and I invited them to go to the park she said she wasn't feeling good (she's 8wks preg). But went to the park 2 hours later. If I invite she never wants to do anything but if she wants to go somewhere gives like 10 minutes notice and gets cranky if I say I need like 30 minutes I have 2 kids to get out the door. At the restaurant her daughter runs around and mine wants down and throws a fit and she says my daughter acts up when we go out. REALLY!!! I didn't have a lot of friends growing up and moved away from my bestest friend about 5 years ago so I think I'm just trying to fill her shoes. I'm always agreeing even though I don't, always trying to do nice gestures and offer whenever possible. Bought her a coach purse when she watched my daughter while I had my son. Family all lives 3 hours away! I'm a generous nice person damnit so why do I feel like the shitty friend????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
KrissyKC
by Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:59 PM

She's your nanny and some one that you can somewhat be a friend with.   However, you don't want her as your best friend.   You want to get out and start making other friends.   Hopefully, she won't be the type that can't share you, but if she is... that's usually an unhealthy relationship and worth losing.

Just my humble opinion, but she just doesn't sound like great friend material.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)