Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm getting so tired of the drama!!!

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:43 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 535 Total Views

Ok, so I notice this strange # on the caller ID and answer it. She says it's in regard to my new BIL, so I connect to an operator to find out it's some "Team Recovery" company.

I asked her how she got my # and she tells me BIL listed us as a back up #.....WTH???

So, am I wrong to be pissed or irritated? I'm thinking BIL/SIL bought something, they can't make pymts on and put us down in case, so what...we make the pymts for them?? Ugghh

If it isn't SIL sending nasty vulgar crap to my email, or trying to change my identity (name, job, age), it's crap like this....I'm tired of my IL's!!!

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlyssaN
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Can you change your phone numbers without them finding out so it doesn't happen again?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2girls13
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

No, my DH won't do that. Unfortunately, I have to deal with him always acting guilty whenever I've asked him to confront them about the idiotic things they do and say.

I think he feels obligated to kiss their asses constantly. I really wish I could change our phone # and MOVE too, so I'd never have to worry about any of them coming over and harrassing me.

I just thought it was really BOLD on his part to even put our # down as a back up. I guess my Bitchy SIL has trained him well!

KrissyKC
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

It's just a collection company because your BIL defaulted on his agreement to pay.   I would just tell the company that you have little to no contact with your BIL and his debts aren't your responsibility and to please stop calling you because you have no intention of giving him any messages.

If they continue calling, get their address, and have a lawyer friend send them a cease and desist letter warning them to stop contacting you in regard to BIL's debt.   Legally, they have to oblige.

mommyof2girls13
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I realize it's a collection agency, but in finding out this info I asked the lady how she got our # and she said BIL put us down as a back up. The only thing I can figure out is that maybe on his application, they asked for a # in case he defaulted on his pymts...which doesn't make it right that he put us down.

That's why I'm pissed. We aren't close, so why would he do that? Why not his parents or a brother or sister..why us? I guess maybe I'm so pissed is b/c I don't have a good relationship with either one of them and I feel they're trying to find a way to jab me or b/c I don't come around, it's they're way of getting attention.

I wish they'd just leave me alone!

KrissyKC
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM

LOL, then tell the collection company how to get in touch with him or anyone who may know him.   LOL!

mommyof2girls13
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Yea, well I wish I would've thought of giving them my IL's #'s to harrass when I was on the phone. If they call here again for my BIL...I will.

mommyof2girls13
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Last night, I checked my email before going to bed and noticed I'm now getting emails for DH for updating a dating membership??? WTH?

I know it's my SIL sending me this crap b/c I've never had stuff like this in my email before. I even have a new email address and I'm not receiving anything vulgar or anything for DH.

I don't talk to her, see or send her stuff to get even or give her attention! I keep hearing how I shouldn't respond to any of her attempts to start trouble with me and she'll just get tired and move on to someone else....when is this going to happen??

I really believe this is only going to end when DH grows a set, calls her and tells her to quit F***ing with me...Does anyone agree or have better advice please?

bronzylove
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Me too!!! I'm DONE WITH MY HUBBYIES FAMILIES DRAMA!!!! they present them selves (the in laws) into ur life . Then they proceed to try and pull some sort of dam RANK....!!! But if they had souls they would understand that marriage means him&i&ours!!!!! Funny story but painfully true.....so we live next door to his 45yr old mom & 50yr old step dad and lesbian 19 yr old burly sister!!! Now mind you I'm BAND from there house. Due you know these people have the nerve to tramp in and out of my yard at WILL after my husband allowing this for about 8 months....and the situation when his step crazy ass dad went apeshit on my two oler children in my yard while they were at play, i said hey ALL U MUST REALLY WANT DRAMA and i started calling the police on B!+(#'$.............if he won't help me then the madd hatta gone make a new hat!!!! So in conclusion i have peace for now but there already trying to create new drama,hardship,and confusion to our marriage!!!! They can't and just won't stay NEXT DOOR......LORD KEEP US :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernpixie
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:27 PM
My dh got a few calls from some loan company looking for my sil. Apparently she had put him down as a contact. Dh hasn't talked to her or any of his other family in over 4 months. He told the loan company guy that and they stopped calling. It annoyed me to no end though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2girls13
by Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:44 PM

OMG....I'd seriously hurt my IL's if they lived next door to us!!! I can't even stand wondering if I'll see my bitchy SIL at the store whenever I go.

I think if I saw her, I'd just pretend not to know her and keep walking.

When I asked how they got our #, they said BIL put us down. I really thought that was nervy....especially since we're not on speaking terms. We haven't gotten any more calls. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)