Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needs to learn to shut her mouth ...NOW

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 298 Total Views
My in-laws live 4 hours away, thankfully, but my MIL still makes it apparent to have her rude opinions always present!

Over the weekend my 14 year old was carrying my 2 year old down the stairs. He slipped and unfortunately landed on the baby's leg that was behind him. An accident! He now has a broken tibia and in a cast for 4 weeks. My oldest feels horrible.

My husband tells his mother later that night what had happened (mind you he only mentioned that the baby fell on the stairs, because we didn't need her making my oldest feel any worse). About an hour later, I get a text message from her stating "You should be keeping a better eye on the baby and watch him, he is only 2 you know. Maybe if you weren't working so much, you would realize. He probably needs to come and stay with grandma!"

First off, I was a Saturday, me working has nothing to do with this! (I work from home)
Second. You weren't even here to witness what happen, so why pass the blame to me??

I am so flippin irritated by her and the opinionated comments she blurts out. I simply text back: are you serious??

How do you handle people like this?? Ones that have diarrhea of the mouth and don't think before they say things. This is a constant issue with her!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
grplovesjlp
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I woud have answer back : STFU you dont know what your talking about. That sounds like something my MIL would say and just cause your married to her DS doesnt mean you have to put up with her stupid remarks.

hkcason
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

ha, i answered u on the other post, but i'll do it here too! My MIL doesn't talk to me, she talks about me, however, i would remind her of all her own childrens broken bones or accidents on her watch & tell her kids will be kids & ignore any other bullshit she might have to say!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

KrissyKC
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have answered back...

"Do you even think before you speak??  You really couldn't BE more rude.   From now on, ANY complaints you have either keep them to yourself, or you can try to talk to your son about it.    Otherwise, your diahrea of the mouth could just drive a final wedge between us."

With this type of response, you aren't leaving room to argue back, make excuses, etc...  You are simply addressing HER nastiness and not giving tit for tat or anything...  you are also drawing a line (boundary)..

the boundary being...  no more nasty comments to you, or else she can just stay out of your life completely.

CeCe7777
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Well said! I may have to cut and paste your words of perfection next time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)