Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just another one of those in law rants

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 728 Total Views
My in laws really suck! My in laws have gone from bad to worse. DH and I have two sweet little girls. Our oldest is almost two and our second is 7 months old. Mil and fil also have two grandsons (5 and 3) from sil. Sil, her husband and the kids live with mil & fil so they are always together. My mil, fil, sil and her family have not ever really been in our children's lives. They are always too busy. My mil actually told me that it is important for her to do grocery and watch her favourite shows (the voice, vampire diaries etc) instead of visiting her granddaughters. My fil and sil always have some excuse. I get it they don't like me because I took their son/brother away and we live in our own place but damnit I have always been respectable and tried my best to get along with them (way before DH and I had kids). Sil has always been jealous of the fact that we have our own place and also that her brother has his own business. She has never made any kind remark about either. We have lived in our place for a little over 4 years and sil has only been here 3 times!! Sil came to our place for a dinner we had for our immediate family and brought homemade peanut ice cream. I am allergic to nuts. I am the kind of allergic that is life threatening. My inlaws have always known this. Of course i flipped out on her. Her reaction, shrugged it off and told me i didnt need to eat it. That supid b*tch!!! The other two times she came was when I had each of my daughters and that was just so she could go and tell other family members what my babies looked like and act like she cared about them. I told my husband if we are blessed with more kids I will personally tell her not to come. There is no point since she doesnt come see them any other time after they are born. Sil told me and my husband to stay away from her kids because we are not nice people!! She said this because she didnt like a gift we got for them (a double sided easel). Mil and fil listen to sil and I know she doesnt like them visiting at our place. Whenever they do visit its once every month or every two months and they only stay for an hour and a half!! My mil always tells me that she wants my girls to come by and stay at her house for the night. I just flat out tell her no. Like why would I let my two blessings go to her stinking house when they treat DH and me especially like we don't matter. I do not trust her, her husband or her daughter. DD2 is still breastfeeding, DD1 is potty training and they dont know anything about what either of my girls like. DH and I have had many family meetings with them over the years and they are still not cooperating. Its like they dont care enough to fix anything. I wish I would just cut them off for good. I told my husband that anyone in our lives that can stay away from us and our kids for so long don't need to be around us. I really cannot stand these people and all their b.s!!
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
berespectful
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm so sorry. :( How often do you see these people? Can you limit contact? You don't need to be putting yourself and your kids through this all the time.

BabiesAre2Sweet
by New Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:31 AM
They literally only come once a month or once every two months. I am so annoyed with how they act. They limit the contact by not even caring to come more often. They called my husband and told him (not asked) that they are coming over this weekend. He told his mother that we will be busy doing grocery and other stuff. She had the nerve to ask if grocery was more important than her seeing her grandkids!!! I almost laughed while he was talking to her (on speaker so I heard it all).

Quoting berespectful:

i'm so sorry. :( How often do you see these people? Can you limit contact? You don't need to be putting yourself and your kids through this all the time.

berespectful
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM

once every month is a lot with people like that! Only saw my inlaws once a month and they were destroying my self-confidence with their bullying and being a total headache. Now I let DH see them by himself.

Quoting BabiesAre2Sweet: They literally only come once a month or once every two months. I am so annoyed with how they act. They limit the contact by not even caring to come more often. They called my husband and told him (not asked) that they are coming over this weekend. He told his mother that we will be busy doing grocery and other stuff. She had the nerve to ask if grocery was more important than her seeing her grandkids!!! I almost laughed while he was talking to her (on speaker so I heard it all).

Quoting berespectful:

BabiesAre2Sweet
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I think I'm going to just let my DH visit them too. Things are better for you since you stopped seeing the inlaws i bet. They are beyond a headache! I'm so annoyed with trying to work it out with people who are purposely acting so disrespectful.

Quoting berespectful:

once every month is a lot with people like that! Only saw my inlaws once a month and they were destroying my self-confidence with their bullying and being a total headache. Now I let DH see them by himself.

Quoting BabiesAre2Sweet: They literally only come once a month or once every two months. I am so annoyed with how they act. They limit the contact by not even caring to come more often. They called my husband and told him (not asked) that they are coming over this weekend. He told his mother that we will be busy doing grocery and other stuff. She had the nerve to ask if grocery was more important than her seeing her grandkids!!! I almost laughed while he was talking to her (on speaker so I heard it all).

Quoting berespectful:

happinessforyou
by Member on Jun. 22, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Paragraphs..I can't read that...

WhiskeyTangoFox
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2015 at 11:15 AM
Stop seeing them. If DH wants to visit them he can. You and the girls should go to the park or on a walk when they come over. I wouldn't be there.
BabiesAre2Sweet
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2015 at 12:19 AM
I stopped seeing them. I really didn't want it to come to this but it had to be done. Only DH sees them now and they usually see each other at their place. They recently have been trying hard to visit us (we just moved)....I'm sticking to my guns because I'm overtired with all the b.s they have brought to my life and I'm not having my kids around their negativity.

Quoting WhiskeyTangoFox: Stop seeing them. If DH wants to visit them he can. You and the girls should go to the park or on a walk when they come over. I wouldn't be there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)