Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody here deal with narcissistic in-laws and your MIL is the ring leader? Also known as narcissistic cults.

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:20 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 2161 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I had a feeling about my SIL who was acting like she was siding with my husband and I. Only to become friends with me then to deceive me and to convince my husband that i was crazy and making things up(gaslighting) about their parents and the abuse towards my kids and i, which my husband was unaware of only from what i told him. Except he knew of the moldy playpin my MIL used for my daughter for her to sleep in at night when she watched her on many occasions. My SIL message me calling me names after i called her out for being fake and putting me down and not just telling me but also telling my husband i suffer from depression or bi-polar because i'm starting fights with everyone for no reason. This after 7 years now because i know am being smeared from another SIL on facebook to make me look bad. This is all because i am sick of dealing with this family abusive behavior for many years. I am now speaking up and putting my foot down and comfronted most of them. For doing that they all turn their backs on me twisted everything around and placed the blame back to me. Not only did my "lovely SIL" send me and my husband a lovely message, HER husband posted a message for everyone to see about "this is a nice day to take a walk in the woods" for my SIL to comment to that post "dragging a dead body?" he replied "maybe" and she comment back " I have someone that can fill that roll" and even my lovely MIL click that she LIKED her comment,which my husband glady saw. I guess since she told me that i was so uneducated she must not have heard of copy and paste because i have it all saved. Even though i knew that message her husband made was in fact about me, i just felt left out and wanted them to know that i liked it too,lol. I have no clue why these bullies play like they are so taugh when they are talking bull over the internet. She's a mother of 6, second marriage and i have proof from her she is in love with another man(my husband has the same message and is saving that for a rainy day ;)  she calls me names and uneducated and i am suppose to take her seriously?! Is she freaking kidding me!! Oh yeah, she even went so far into posting a long message over the internet on facebook purposely damaging my character as a mother and human being. Because she stated that keeping my children from her family which she calls using my kids as "weaponds" is abuse. Not only telling her facebook friends and my husband(in his message from the two of them) that i was a horrible mother and that is abuse to my kids and the fact i need help. So, if anybody knows anything about NPD(narcissistic personality disorder) way in. Learn about it, prevent it and heal from it. Find out if in fact your MIL does or doesn't have a mental illness that your not aware of. You can learn to cope and communicate with these people or cut all contact to further your emotional needs.

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommaJT
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:25 AM

Remind you these events happened in the last 7 years and my daughter is now 6. The thing about my SIL's (both) has been happening for the last few months now and still going on as we speak.

nikander
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:37 PM

wow, this post really helped me. I am dealing with some of the same situational stuff. Some days i just quesiton.... why? why do people like to be cruel and selfish and so mean? but then your comments about narcissitic personality disorder; boy that really sums up my sister and mother in law. They are pretty much exact clones of one another. I have two sister in laws. The one that is (thankfully) not like her mother and was pretty much raised by her father (best father in law ever) is nurturing and kind.

Any chance my mother and sister in law can make an event or even just a moment all about them they hop on that bus so fast. Ive dealt with it for 10 years, and some times its pretty tolerable. but others I just want to scream. I really found comfort in your post. Thanks for sharing. I dont feel so alone.

mommaJT
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Your welcome nikander! :) If they may be a narcissist they may have other related disorders. Look up 'CLUSTER B' disorders. I think it's really sad that i'm 35 yrs. and i'm still their scapegoat. I was as a child and you think everybody would grow out of it. I just found out months ago what this is and i was amazed about what i found. I'm making it my mission to pass this information for those who may need it... I'm so glad this helps and hope it will do more for you in your near future! Best thing is to get the word out.

mommaJT
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:33 AM

My husband whole family has a problem with me now,now that i put my foot down exposing their abuse with my kids and i.So, now after 7 yrs because before everything was good for them. His parents,uncle(wife and children),brother(and wife) sister and even his cousin's thinks i'm this horrible person because i stood up for my kids and self for once in 7 yrs. Now i'm crazy,lunatic,skank,worthless,cunt,uneducated,suffering from severe depression or bi-polar(my SIL said). That i'm lieing and making everything up that everybody has done to me for all these yrs. that i'm making this all up.. Which by the way i've only been around her twice in these 7 yrs. because she lives in another state. Which before this she loved and adore me as she told my husband not to long before she went nuts. I told him "so, i was fine before this and nobody didn't say a word til now". Ya just don't become crazy over night.lol :) Because she was trying so hard to convince my DH that i was unstable and needed help because i refuse to allow my kids around people like that. All because his mom wasn't getting her way. My SIL was the only one who had enough balls to tell my Dh and i (finally),besides while everyone else was making nasty hints and comments over the internet. The sad part is, my SIL knows how her mom is and was protecting her moms character while damaging mine. They will do anything to protect their own ass and shame and blame on you for killing their fantasy about themselves. They live in their own make believe world and will hurt anyone who will expose of them and other's they're close to.

berespectful
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 10:37 AM

yep souds exactly like my inlaws. I cut contact with them and they act much better now. Confronting them just encourages them to gaslight IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)