Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A 2009 "prayer"

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 273 Total Views

My MIL called to wish us a happy new year at tell me that her "prayer" for '09 is that we all can become closer; one big happy family, she says.  This sounds good and I would like the same but all of her kids are grown and they have there own lives.  As far as I can see they have never really been a close net family to begin with, so it's a bit late in the game to try to be one big happy anything. 

I, on the other hand, am and have been extremely close to my family, therefore my DD sees them more than she sees my DH's family.  I try to take her to see that side of the family too but unless my DH visits them more she's always gonna see mine more often.  It seems a bit funny  though  my DH never really visited them that often (twice a month during a good month) and they made no bones about it but when we got married every week it seemed she was calling telling me "I'm still alive" or "you never call" or "I have to call you or I won't hear from you".  What's really ironic is that I was ecstatic when my husband proposed, I was truly excited to have a mil and sil's.  But that was short lived.... my mil put me through some stuff; she basically tried to take our my wedding. So my feelings toward her have been spoiled; I see her as being too pushy, too bossy and a know it all; so I'm not sure how "close" were ever gonna  be. 

There's not a lot of activity in this group is it because the relationship between you and your MIL, Sil, FIL or BIL has gotten better???

I LOVE being a MOM !!!!!!!!

baby girl~ SJA

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Bellajo
by on Jan. 17, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Well good luck to your MIL on that wish.  Maybe if some MIL's wouldn't be so manipulative and controlling then their families would be more willing and feel more comfortable to be around them. 

pinkdragonsegg
by Member on Jan. 20, 2009 at 5:02 PM

to me it sounds like she was  trying to lay on a guilt trip lol.

but i guess if she is actually willing to work towards a good relationship with yall so that maybe yall can become closer then that wouldnt neccesarily be a bad thing. but if she isnt willing to try an change her bossy ways then its not gonna happen lol.

ive started off 2009 by cutting my mil and sil out of our lives! they gave us no choice they crossed the line and showed my dh their true colors. we wont be giving them anymore chances. they have burned that bridge lol. but good luck with your mil wanting to be a "closer" family lol. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)