Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weekly question?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:46 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 385 Total Views

How do you feel about the crack downs on the manga and anime sites? They claim they are going to make them legit do you think this can happen?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Christi-chan
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:05 PM

I honestly don't know. The problem to me is that you have a high mix of licensed and unlicensed stuff mixed together in some cases. In terms of the anime, that I can possibly see more realistically versus the manga. Now at request, most of these sites will remove titles. In terms of mangas onnline I kinda feel like its an online library just for mangas, you have a wide variety, some of the titles that are legal and then a majority of stuff you've never even heard of. lol. In the end I can't say for sure.

Cenchan
by Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:49 AM

For me, it really doesn't matter, I wasn't much into downloading manga to read. I had a friend who gave me a few but it took me forever and a day to ever read through them (I have a copy of all of the Manga Sailor V somewhere I never got to reading). Same goes with Anime too. Having a background in film/video, I understand the reason why they would crack down, but I also understand why people do, do it.

The whole thing is a catch-22 really. Raise prices to things because of the loss of revenue which, in turn, turns people to downloading because of the cost. Eventually the only break comes when there is no gain for the people creating the stuff which gets stolen. No goods to steal -- no stealing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)