Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG I drew something! *gasps!*

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:12 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 275 Total Views

So my MIL took the baby for a good chunk of the afternoon/evening and holy cow I actually got all the stuff I wanted to get done, done.... AND I had time to draw! I've been doing tiny sketches here and there when I sit down with the baby to let her wander with crayons, but it's never enough to get into full-detailed drawings (and even then, "full detail" isn't full detail with me. XD)

Anyway, here's what I managed to hash out:

(better quality here)

Couple of things I know I need to fix if/when I ever get to inking and coloring it... but, yeah... for not drawing in a good while, it's not a bad "come back" of sorts, I think.

So besides the hair, chin, hand(s -- I'm going to move the hidden hand if I ever color it) and stance (probably move a leg too... the stance throws me) any other critique?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mysticmom2
by Member on May. 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Quoting Cenchan:

So my MIL took the baby for a good chunk of the afternoon/evening and holy cow I actually got all the stuff I wanted to get done, done.... AND I had time to draw! I've been doing tiny sketches here and there when I sit down with the baby to let her wander with crayons, but it's never enough to get into full-detailed drawings (and even then, "full detail" isn't full detail with me. XD)

Anyway, here's what I managed to hash out:

(better quality here)

Couple of things I know I need to fix if/when I ever get to inking and coloring it... but, yeah... for not drawing in a good while, it's not a bad "come back" of sorts, I think.

So besides the hair, chin, hand(s -- I'm going to move the hidden hand if I ever color it) and stance (probably move a leg too... the stance throws me) any other critique?

I think it looks great. There seems to be a little something off with her face. I can't quite put my finger on it though...Shes pretty though. Nice work! Im jealous of your hand drawing! lol.

pinkdragon36
by Group Owner on May. 25, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Awesome drawing!

Cenchan
by Member on May. 25, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Quoting mysticmom2:

I think it looks great. There seems to be a little something off with her face. I can't quite put my finger on it though...Shes pretty though. Nice work! Im jealous of your hand drawing! lol.

Yeah, it's the chin/jaw area and quite possibly the bit of hair hanging down needs to be moved to the left a little... at least that's what's nagging me. heh.

But thanks for confirming that! ^_^ There's also my lack of line width control. I tend to put in lines I know I want but will be super thin or tapered when I ink them... but they end up being awkward in my pencil sketches (like some of the nose lines are that way).

Hands... ugh. I still hate hands.... well... not really hands... but fingers. HAAAAAATE fingers.

Thanks for the compliments though, both you! ^_^

BDeiul
by Member on May. 27, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Quoting Cenchan:

Hands... ugh. I still hate hands.... well... not really hands... but fingers. HAAAAAATE fingers.

Why?  I though her hand and fingers looked perfect.  The only thing about it I'd say was off was the space between her thumb and the rest of her hand - it's too much of an indentation.  There is a 'crook' you put there in her palm, I would narrow her waist to meet that corner and erase the remaining line.  Separating her legs will help her hand look more natural also.  I agree with slightly moving the chin and possibly the hair based on how that looks (for the picture right now, I thought it looked perfect).  The only thing else I would say is that there is something slightly off about her cleavage.  With the way the arm on the left is situated, there wouldn't be a line for 'side' cleavage, or if there were, it'd be originating from her armpit.  You have boobs, go look in the mirror ;)  Anyway, very nice pic - I'm surprised you wanted a critique on it :)

Pristine_Dream
by Member on May. 28, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Lookin' good lookin' good...I always seem to chime in too late.  bah!!!   

Cenchan
by Member on May. 30, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Quoting BDeiul:

Why?  I though her hand and fingers looked perfect.  The only thing about it I'd say was off was the space between her thumb and the rest of her hand - it's too much of an indentation.  There is a 'crook' you put there in her palm, I would narrow her waist to meet that corner and erase the remaining line.  Separating her legs will help her hand look more natural also.  I agree with slightly moving the chin and possibly the hair based on how that looks (for the picture right now, I thought it looked perfect).  The only thing else I would say is that there is something slightly off about her cleavage.  With the way the arm on the left is situated, there wouldn't be a line for 'side' cleavage, or if there were, it'd be originating from her armpit.  You have boobs, go look in the mirror ;)  Anyway, very nice pic - I'm surprised you wanted a critique on it :)

Ja ja. Thanks for that point out too. I need to push the corset in a little to accompany the 'weight' of the hand pushing inwards and that should fix the hand problem.

As for the boobage... sadly enough, I hardly have breasts. I mean, they're B/C's... but when you're 6' tall with an amazon-esque body frame... B/C's magically look like A's and smaller. :( I have no clevage! TT_TT (not unless I bend over and shove them together really hard. hahaha.... ah I shouldn't laugh at that.)

However, the side clevage would be there due to the 'push-up' affect from the corsett. Typical 'bewbs' (as my husband would put it) would naturally round out around the middle of the upper arm (using that as a guide... and that's for perky breasts... older-breasts... that's a different story... >_>). Hers are pushed upwards to the upper fourth of her upper arm... so the issue there isn't quite should the line be there or not, I just got the edge stroke a tad bit wrong... instead of hooking outwards to her pit, it shoud arch up and over the top of her chest (and it shouldn't be as pronounced as that one is... it should just be a thin tapering line... but I suck at sketching tapering lines and prefer to "fix it in post"). Yeah, so I totally talked my way around that. Sorry, it's 1:30am. XD

BDeiul
by Member on May. 31, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Well, I envy you my friend.  I would love to be an A or a B cup - it would go with my whole tomboy style sooo much better.  Heehee, I could make you a stock photo, but I don't relish the idea of a pic of me in a corset floating around on the internet, hahaha.

Cenchan
by Member on May. 31, 2009 at 8:52 PM

hahaha... no no... that's quite fine. I'm good. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)