Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Torn About Having Another Baby- Please Help!

Okay, no bashing ladies please just looking for some advice or to get this off of my chest. I just had my first baby, a boy, in October and I can't believe how easy it is having a baby cause I mean its not like the horror stories my parents were telling me about how hard it's going to be with him and school. I'm seventeen and will be eighteen in January and graduate in May... When I go to the mall and stores and I see all these other women that are pregnant, even though it sounds kind of ridiculous, it makes me miss being pregnant! I had a wonderful pregnancy, a little morning sickness and was kind of uncomfortable during the last few months, but other than that it was great.

So, anyways, because I've been seeing all these pregnant women and miss being pregnant it REALLY wants me want to ttc#2 already :)  I know that sounds ridiculous considering mine is only a month old and I'm young but I can't help it. I would love a little girl, but does it just sound like I'm crazy and sounding a bit irresponsible? I have no idea why I'm feeling all this and wanting another one so badly so very quickly but I honestly can't help it. My mom would freaking kill me if I ended up pregnant again before I was eighteen and out of school... I don't know what to do, I'm so torn. And my fiance, he's only twenty, and he said he doesn't want another one anytime soon - he is saying in another year or two we could talk about it, and whenever I am like "i want a little girl next", he immediately changes the subject and gives me a look like I'm the craziest woman ever to live on planet Earth ha ha.

So what should I do? I need advice here ladies, please help!

by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 9:27 PM
Replies (21-22):
reagansmommy196
by Member on Dec. 7, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I felt the same way about a month and a half after we had our first child. I think I just miss being pregnant but adding another child in the mix would be so stressful. So you should wait...

angelmom713
by Group Admin on Dec. 10, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Quoting TristansMom0306:

I think you should enjoy your first child. Give hime time to be the baby and then think about having another one. Enjoy your youth! You are only young once.

I agree with this.  And I can SO relate!!!!  But for me that has passed.  I really just want to enjoy the one I have now before I have another.  And with you being young, you have lots of time.  Give your body time to heal too! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)