Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

January 2009 mommies: My baby doesn't say mama yet, is this ok?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:43 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 208 Total Views

So for all mommies that had babies in Jan 2009, our babies are almost 11 months old. My dd used to say mama but did not know what she was saying. Now at almost 11 months she still will not say it. She says dada, bahbah, & mumbles all the time. She even "sings" (babbles) to music. But still no mama. Is this normal?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SAHMomOf3
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Completely! And, I say this as a fourth time mom- all kids mature at different stages. For my three other kids- momma was one of the last "simple" words they said. Cayleigh (my Jan 2009 baby) has been saying Momma for about two months now, but will not say Dada or Bubba, or anything else really- but she knows what she's saying. Don't worry! Once your daughter starts saying it all the time- you'll wish she'd quit already!! lol My oldest is now going to be 6 on the 20th- I get so tired of hearing "MMMOOOOMMM!! "insert sibling name" is "insert inappropriate action!!!!!!!!!!""

mrspreggers14
by Member on Dec. 12, 2009 at 7:46 PM

you know what.. samantha (jan 7) says mama and dada but she doesnt know what they are.  she can say one word so far and it kind of makes me sad because its our dogs name.....  SO I dont really know what to do about it though..  We have been reading to her and I talk to her all day and I tell her mama and point to myself and the same with her dad.  Its just kind of stinks.. she can say gingin and she knows that thats the dog ginger

SAHMomOf3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:33 PM

My oldest daughter didn't really say too many simple words at all. She said Papa (what she calls my dad), and momma. Then, all of a sudden- just after her first birthday- she was practically talking in sentences. I'm not exaggerating that either. No one in our family can remember her just saying a few little words. It was like none at all to sentences.  What you're doing is just fine! I read to my kids every day. With our youngest- I point out objects and say their names (tree, chair, ball, etc). It'll come, soon enough! All your little ones will be chattering away before you know it!

Quoting mrspreggers14:

you know what.. samantha (jan 7) says mama and dada but she doesnt know what they are.  she can say one word so far and it kind of makes me sad because its our dogs name.....  SO I dont really know what to do about it though..  We have been reading to her and I talk to her all day and I tell her mama and point to myself and the same with her dad.  Its just kind of stinks.. she can say gingin and she knows that thats the dog ginger

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)