Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really fussy, uncomfortable gassy baby :(

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:55 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

My little boy is 3 months now and ever since birth hes had uncomfortable gas and colic...I brought him to the pedi around a month old and they switched his formula from similac advance to Similac sensitive. It helped his diarrhea but he was still so gassy that I would hear his stomach gurgle while feeding him. He would detach from the bottle and arch his back and cry. It would take him around 10 minutes to even want to eat again.

I brought him in for his 2 month shots on 12/30/09 and let the doctor know that he has been feeling uncomfortable and about the gurgling in his belly and also had a little cough..and she said he was fine and to just use gas drops.. (even though i have been and they didnt help) so she continued with the shots. Well that lead to a fever cough and stuffy nose..upper respiratory infection.

I brought him back to the doctors a week later, it was clearing up but he was still coughing a bit. They said he was looking okay and gave him a treatment .. the vapor mask thing over his nose and mouth. It helped alittle and he started feeling better. Well a couple days after at his fallow up they switched him to Slimilac isomil the soy formula.

Well.. its okay, its easier on his belly.. kind of...I still hear the gurgling at times but not as much, Hes still really really gassy but it seems a bit easier to relieve him of his gas, by burping placing him on his belly, belly rubs ect. Its not THAT much of a difference.... Ever since i started him on soy he started up with a stuffy nose again sneezing and cough... maybe hes allergic to soy? i dont know....Im just at a loss now.. Im thinking of switching doctors they dont seem much of a help... Anyone have any advice?

Oh and he doesnt spit up at all He sleeps well but hes colicy when awake but uncomfortable when feeding him. I do breastfeed but only alittle bit and I have been watching my diet. I dont want to see him in pain anymore. I want to be abel to hold him without him being stiff as a board and I wanna be able to cuddle with him.. it seems hes only comfortable in his rocker or crib. Ive tried little tummys gripe water, it doesnt seem to work either. colic calm is way too much money for me atm.

please help :(

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
angelmom713
by Group Admin on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Switching Drs is a plan!  I had to do that for my daughter already!!!  On a side note have you tried the Mylicon Gas Drops?  They are over the counter and I SWEAR by them!!!

Artsymeg
by Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:01 PM

yes i have, they worked for my oldest son but not this one :( my poor baby

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I hope you find something that works. You've tried all my ideas :( My son had acid reflux and they thought it was colic until he started spitting up. The two are similiar... Good luck mama!

brightangel
by Member on Jan. 23, 2010 at 9:45 PM

My son is also very fussy and gassy. I tried changing formulas too. I have him on Enfamil Gentlease, it seemed to help a little at first but now he is back to the same way. He is also very stuffed up all the time. I am at a loss too, at what to do for him. I don't want to keep changing his formula, in fear of making it worse.

Jess1231
by on Jan. 23, 2010 at 10:12 PM

My son was on similac since birth and had terrible gas then the doc switched him to similac sensitive and it didnt work so we switched him to nestle goodstart and switched his bottles to drop ins and he is totally different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)