Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you "Positive"? *UPDATE IN RED!!!*

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 4:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 395 Total Views

Ok. So you all know that I had recently made a post concerning pregnancy & menstrual issues. I am so frustrated I can't stand it!

My last period of January 27th was normal, cause I'm very regular, lasted just like always and my SO and I ended up having sex on the day of ovulation on February 12th (calculated by calendar) and I was five days before I was supposed to start my period when I had this lighter bleeding that lasted a few days, and I had a couple BFP's on some home tests, but the doctor's blood & urine test were BFN's -- they had me come back in a week later and it was still a BFN. So they said wait a couple weeks and see if my period starts... So that "implantation bleeding", was an early period? Anyways. My SO and I had sex on March 7th, around Ovulation time again (again, calculated by calendar), and here I sit almost 3 days late for this period that was supposed to start on the 19th; i don't want to call my doctor's office and I haven't taken a test yet because I don't want to waste my time and I'm afraid of getting the same response as I did last time. But I am ALWAYS regular, how come this keeps happening!?

My SO and I talked, we'd be thrilled if we're having another child although it wasn't planned. But I don't want to get my hopes up either... I need some advice/suggestions maybe? Do you think there is actually a chance that I could be pregnant this time?

thanks ladies :)

***OK. So I took a test yesterday morning and it was a BFP, okay, so I tested again later that afternoon and it was a BFN-- I caved and went to my doctor's office again for another blood test (the last one i'm EVER doing) and so I called this afternoon to get my results back and it was...*drum roll*... NEGATIVE!!!! :-(   I hate doctor's. And now we just have to try, try again. Thanks for all the support ladies, I appreciate it <3***

by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
newmommytiffany
by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 8:24 PM

bump

ComotionGirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 24, 2010 at 12:56 PM

First of all I would DEF get a test.  Second, how old are you?  My periods were SO regular from the day I first got it until recently.  As I am getting older, they are getting weird!  But SO many things can affect your period.  Being sick, stress, excercise etc.  I hope if you wanna be you are!  Sorry I don't have any more advice!

newmommytiffany
by on Mar. 24, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Quoting ComotionGirl:

First of all I would DEF get a test.  Second, how old are you?  My periods were SO regular from the day I first got it until recently.  As I am getting older, they are getting weird!  But SO many things can affect your period.  Being sick, stress, excercise etc.  I hope if you wanna be you are!  Sorry I don't have any more advice!

Well I just had my DS five months ago.  I did take a test two days ago at 4 a.m. with the accuclear early pregnancy test, the one that has one line and then another right next to it for the positive result and the one that made the positive result was the first line i saw!!! :-) ... but i am confused because after a little bit, the line kinda like went away but you could see it under a lightbulb, soo its still a positive???  I'm not under stress of ANY kind. And I am only 18. I'm VERY regular with my periods, and never this late.

angelmom713
by Group Admin on Mar. 24, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Quoting newmommytiffany:

Quoting ComotionGirl:

Well I just had my DS five months ago.  I did take a test two days ago at 4 a.m. with the accuclear early pregnancy test, the one that has one line and then another right next to it for the positive result and the one that made the positive result was the first line i saw!!! :-) ... but i am confused because after a little bit, the line kinda like went away but you could see it under a lightbulb, soo its still a positive???  I'm not under stress of ANY kind. And I am only 18. I'm VERY regular with my periods, and never this late.

Having  little one just 5 months ago, your body still isn't completely back to normal.  My dr told me to wait at least ONE year before we thought about another.  So my body could heal. 

I don't know what to say about the test.  It sounds like its positive, but maybe wait a few days and take another one.  When I found out I  was preggers, I took a test in the am and it was neg and then I took another in the afternoon and it was positive!!!

HUGS momma!

newmommytiffany
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 7:53 AM

thanks!!! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)