Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it really that rude of me???

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:57 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 327 Total Views

Ok so Wednesday my twins turn the big 1 year old.  I just had a new baby in April 30th that was in NICU for 16 days so I had not planned a really big birthday party.  I was just basically trying to keep it small and jst do parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles.  Apparently I am being told that I am rude because i dont want to have great aunts and uncles and 2nd and 3rd cousins here after just bringing my newborn home a week ago.  Am I wrong for wanting the attention to be on my twins than a new baby?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CamdensMom12
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 3:59 PM

You are not wrong and tell them to jump in a lake! lol No but really, you have to do what you feel comfortable with and they should respect that. Good luck and congrats on the new baby and your babies turning 1!! You sound busy!! :)

EllenSusan
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM

No! Stand your ground mama! I had the same guilt trip thrown on me!

natalies_mama
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM

no way.  they are being ridiculous 

jbishop928
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I would have done the same thing! Happy birthday to your twins and congrats on the new baby!! :) You have your hands full mama!!!

Jemia
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Absolutely not! Congrats on the new baby and Happy Birthday  to your twins!

hmjones2005
by Member on May. 25, 2010 at 3:03 AM

Um no you can do whatever you want. You are not being rude at all. Tell them that you'll have another party later on for everyone, once you get settled with the new baby.

pd4now82
by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Absolutely not!!!!!!  THEY'RE THE ONES BEING RUDE!  Wow......

SophieLee
by Group Admin on May. 25, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I agree with everyone... It's your call.. you are the mommy! And eff them if they want to be rude to you! Let us know how things go.

LeelansMom
by New Member on May. 25, 2010 at 1:54 PM

pay no heed moma. you little ones time will come and wat ever you choose YOU ARE MOM!

Bearsjen
by on May. 25, 2010 at 2:19 PM

do what you think is best for YOU and the KIDS. If you feel too many people is a badd idea, follow your heart! hon, only you can feel tht in the pit of your tummy, you have to live with you. kwim?(hugs) do what is good for you....those who are rude beyond that? well they dont care about your family, sorry harsh but true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)