Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much does your six month old eat?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:39 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

My 5 1/2 mo. old daughter seems to eat all the time. I give her 6oz formula in the morning when she wakes plus 2 tablespoons cereal then for lunch 6 oz formula plus jar babyfood usually whole jar then bottle then cereal and 6oz formula for dinner then  a bottle before bed. That just sounds like a lot to me. Her Dr. said as long as she eats it let her have it. What are your thoughts?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jemia
by Group Admin on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Could be a growth sprout so I say keep doing it unless she starts getting sick then back off a little.

Bradysmom1225
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Sounds the same as my 6 month old. Your doing great mama!!!

JoeyJrsMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:29 AM

My son's pedi always said feed him when he's hungry, stop when he's full. At 6 months he was eating a9 oz bottle in the morning, 3 meals during the day of baby food, usually 2 jars and a 10 oz bottle before bed. 

ComotionGirl
by Group Owner on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:32 AM

My son is only 13 months and can you believe I can't remember back that far?  I am getting SO old!!!! 

mummaof2lilboys
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 9:58 PM

DS will be 6 months on the 28th.

Breakfast: I'm guilty for not measuring the cereal, but he eats every last bit! (with half a jar of fruit mixed in)

3 hours later: 5 oz Bubba

Lunch: 1 jar veggies followed by 1 jar of fruit

He usually only makes it 2 hours, so then comes another 5oz bubba

Dinner: 1 jar veggies, 1 jar fruit

Then a 5oz bedtime bubba.

Usually he drinks another 5oz in the middle of the night, but twice he fell back to sleep with just his binkie. Hoping for sleeping through the night soon!!!

Bearsjen
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 10:47 PM

thats just fine hon. I think what it is for me is I feel like one feeding runs into the next...gonna post about it actually.

lilmizzie27
by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Eating is good! Once she starts crawling and moving around alot of that will be burned off quickly. My 6 month old eats about the same and the doctor said it was fine for her to eat as much as she wanted.

cortneybaby
by Member on Jun. 6, 2010 at 12:52 AM

thats nothing compared to my little one :) she was eating like 2 things of baby food for breakfast lunch and dinner and a 8 oz bottle after every meal for a nap... do what feels right to you your her momma :) keep up the great work!!! <3

robin1725
by Member on Jun. 6, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Well we just started solids 2 weeks ago. I EBF and she nurses about every 2-3 hours during the day and then I give her half of a cube of food that I make for her at night (once per day). I don't plan on giving her more than that until she is at least 9 or 10 months.

CafeMom Tickers

monckeys
by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Jaylen eats either 2oz of cereal or veggies followed by 2oz of fruit then at11 am he drinks 7 oz of formula,2pm 7 oz of formula,5 pm another 7 oz,6:30pm 2oz veggies n fruit,then at 8pm he drinks his last bottle7 oz, then bed time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)