Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT but unbelievably cool- safelink

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:50 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 224 Total Views

there is a commercial for a government supported cell phone for those who qualify. I believe its safelink.com, and very easy application. If you are on wic, food stamps or any other gov program you are almost surely going to get one. I did the application about a week and a half ago and today got a phone!

I was so excited as I never got any kind of letter saying I was accepted, the phone and charger just showed. It isnt a ton of minutes and not sure of all the details(it says I have 203 minutes for 422 days)...but the thing is I now have an emergency phone. I hate going places and not having our cell(prepaid as well) and we truly use it for just emergencies.

I wanted to thro it out there as I know many of us are feeling the strain of this rotten economy.apply, it cant hurt :)

The doctors said "it would take a miracle for you to become pregnant".
God said,"Ok, you asked for it..."

Jacob Joseph 5/6/95 and Liam Theodore DeWitt 4/13/09
My Miracles......

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jbishop928
by Group Admin on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:09 AM

That's a good program! My friends grandma got a phone like that! I should tell my grandma! She doesn't drive much, but it worries me since she's diabetic!!

Bearsjen
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Quoting jbishop928:

That's a good program! My friends grandma got a phone like that! I should tell my grandma! She doesn't drive much, but it worries me since she's diabetic!!

if you know her basic info you can apply for her. seriously the application process took me less than 5 mins.  and thats a perfect example fo someone who neeeds it. just FYI, you can dial 911 from any phone wether it has active service or not.still in shock here lol that for once something went my way. lol 

The doctors said "it would take a miracle for you to become pregnant".
God said,"Ok, you asked for it..."

Jacob Joseph 5/6/95 and Liam Theodore DeWitt 4/13/09
My Miracles......

Jemia
by Group Admin on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Yeah I got something in the mail about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)