Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help asap, so confused!!!

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 501 Total Views

okay, i used to be on birth control i got off of it in january because i had to change my health insurance to medicaid. so i never got back on birth control, so yesterday i went to the health department to get on birth cntrol because its free, they gave me a  pregnancy test, and it said negative, but when the lady gave me a pap smear, she asked if i was late on my period and i said yes, about 2 1/2 weeks late. she said that my uterus is measuring that im about 6 weeks pregnant. So she gave me another pregnancy test and it said negative, before this i  took about 7 tests and all came back negative. i am never late on my period, when i found out  iwas pregnant with my other two, they both showed postive results on the tests by 6 weeks. the doctor told me to go get a blood test, but i cant afford it, and my insurance dont cover it. SO HAS ANY OF THIS HAPPEND TO ANYONE BEFORE?? PLEASE HELP ME!!

by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bdazled1
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2010 at 11:43 AM

The only thing I know is that a nurse told me that pregnancy tests can give false negatives but they never give false positives. In other words, it can be wrong if it says negative. I hope this all works out ok for you.

SophieLee
by Group Admin on Jun. 16, 2010 at 12:15 PM

I would say that you need the blood test... They will have to bill you. that is the only way to know for sure, or you can wait till your medicade goes though. But do not take the pill. But it has been known to happen. I would wait another week and test again but that is about it. BUMP and good luck

hanna06
by Group Admin on Jun. 16, 2010 at 2:19 PM
Well I would take it as your pregnate then if they said your uterus is showing the signs that you are. I would just go to the er and they will bill you and you can just pay it later. Trust me I have a ton still pending. I have no insurance at the moment. If your pregnate then you need to know. You should be laying of the alcholic drinks and such and taken premeds, and etc. I have only had my test saying no I wasn't and I was, or they will show results that are yes and no at the same time. I actually being 19 at the time and scared to death called the 1800 hotline on the test box. They told me to test first thing in the morning. They told me go to bed and hold it all night long, then as soon as your eyes open run into the bathroom and re test. This way the hormones will be strong enough to show. It worked, and darn sure if I wasn't pregnate. That was over 4 years ago but I don't think the advice could've changed any. I will still go to the er for that blood test. Trust me both my kids weren't figured out until I was over 6 weeks along with them.
*Christina*
Jemia
by Group Admin on Jun. 16, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I agree with PPs you should get the blood test.

JoeyJrsMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2010 at 8:45 AM

My friend has an almost 16 year old son and never showed positive on a pregnancy test. She kept asking for a blood test b she knew she was pregnant even though the hpt's were all negative. 

star92543
by Member on Jun. 18, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Well I know if I was you I would get the blood test done. And if it shows up that you are not pregnant then there has been many cases your body thinks that it is pregnant and you really aren't. My friend went through something similar where she thought she was pregnant and had all these different test done. And some of the test came up that she was pregnant, while some didn't. Well after having an ultrasound they determined that she was not pregnant, but that she had tissue inside her uterus and tricking her body thinking that she was pregnant.

KrissyMama88
by on Jun. 19, 2010 at 11:06 PM

i would try taking a pregnancy test when you first get up in the morning it is most accurate the first urination of the day

FarrahElkins27
by Member on Jan. 3, 2011 at 12:32 PM
my friend was 9 months pregnant and in labor with her daughter and they took another test just for giggles and it was still negative. it was negative her whole pregnancy.
jbishop928
by Group Admin on Jan. 7, 2011 at 7:06 PM

I would go to the hospital and have a blood test. They will bill you. I would act like you are preggo until you figure it out with what you eat and drink and all that. Good luck.

2pittsburghboys
by Member on Jan. 10, 2011 at 1:06 PM

I would get a blood test as well...I don't understand why medicaid wouldn't pay for this...I thought they paid for everything that's the whole point in having it and in the state of Pennsylvania if you are uninsured and pregnant they pay for everything for you and baby...what state are you in?? I hope this all works out for you...Please keep us updated and good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)