• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

never buying expensive shoes again!!! LOL

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

I went a little crazy when  Connor started walking and HAD TO HAVE Stride Rites for him. I was OBSESSED with it. So I got him a pair of tennis shoes and a pair of sandals in the next size. The tennis shoes are already too small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got him the shoes for his birthday in MARCH!!!!!! So now he's down to a pair of nice sandals and a pair I just got at Walmart yesterday. I think I'm gonna get him a pair of tennis shoes next week, but I thought these would make it through summer! LOL I'm too scared to buy fall clothes because he's going to sprout up the second I buy the size I think he'll need... :)

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AbramsMama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:40 PM

They grow so fast it is kinda a waste of money to buy expensive things. I think the most I have spent on a pair of shoes is $14.00 LOL...I got him the pair of knock off stride rites at Payless! And he LOVES them! He likes for me to put them on while he walks around the house! haha

hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Yeah I stick to Payless for my kids shoes. We don't make a lot of money being that my hubby is the only one who makes a paycheck. I usually shop payless when they have a BOGO sale and I can get a pair of shoes for my son and get my daughters shoes for less than $5. I walk out of there with 2 pairs for $20. DD feet are tiny and she is still in a size 4 at 16 months. Her feet don't grow that fast so I guess I could buy expensive ones and they would last but they will just get dirty and be taken to the thrift store in 3 months because she won't be able to wear them again next summer.

SophieLee
by Group Admin on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:48 PM
So far I have only gotten(I bought) one pair of shoes and they were newborn ones that made me say awwww while I was preggo. Other than that I don't have shoes yet and I'm not sure if he'll need them

have I mentioned I love the iPod it corrects my spelling and punctuation too! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toyotablockhead
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:57 PM

With the twins, we stick with payless or clearanced shoes.  Now they do have a couple of expensive shoes I had bought for my oldest.  I saved them in case I had another girl.  I got two! lol.

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:33 PM

My brief insanity of HAVING to have buy Stride Rite's is DEFINITELY over!!! :D Payless, Target or Walmart for my child!! He's growing like a weed and gets things SO dirty! hahaha

butterflyblu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Oh I know.  I mostly get shoes at Payless or Target.  My 2 yr old loves to play in dirt and frequently dumps it on himself on purpose.  I buy nice clothes for him (on sale of course) from Old Navy and the Children's Place and then I'll be like "no...don't get your nice clothes dirty!"  Oh well it comes out in the wash.  I never buy too far in advance because they grow so fast.

JoeyJrsMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I've only bought 1 pair of sandals so far. He hates wearing shoes so we haven't wasted our money yet! 

Dixie-Girl13
by Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:25 PM

We go Payless for the kids shoes. They seem to last as long as I need them to

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)