Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Age Spacing

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:47 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 290 Total Views

I currently have one child. A 9 month old little boy.

We are thinking about TTC very soon. If we started now and got preggo they would be 18 months apart.

If we wait til a year then they would be about 21 months apart. I know I know..things can happen so we might not concieve when we want to..but in a world where you got everything you wanted it might happen this way...

So lay it on me ladies who have children this close. How was it for your body and your mind? Pros, cons, love it hate it would you do it again if you could do it all over or space them more.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
begamom
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:10 PM
Mine are almost 13mths apart. It wasnt easy at all. My baby is 5wks and its starting to wear me down taking care of 3kids (i have a 4yr old also)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meghan9701
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I got pregnant with my second when my 1st was 18 months old.  I love the age difference!  They are 26 months apart.  It is hard at times just because he's a typical toddler that runs around and has tantrums but it's worth it.  I'd rather them be this close in age than farther apart.  Also,  2 kids in diapers is NO FUN!!  VERY expensive!  We're working on training our 33 month old

ANGIE613
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Best of luck to you :)  I can't be of any help, sorry... had mine 12 yrs apart, LOL

hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:18 PM

i had mine 3 years apart so i cannot help you out either. but i can imagine 2 in diapers will be expensive. i want to ttc another one soon. our youngest is 17 months now but i will probably wait another 6 months to a year. its tiring with a 4 yr old and 17 month old already so i cannot imagine being preggo right now too. i want to get our youngest potty trained before i start trying for another. good luck!

barmelino
by Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I think 18 mo would be absolutely perfect- that was the way that my husband and I originally wanted it but well, we got a surprise and now my kids are 10 mo apart! Its been interesting and a challenge!

missbritt22
by Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 4:18 PM

My boys are 17 months apart....

lilmizzie27
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Isabella is 18 months and Kyla is 7 months. It wasn't very difficult for me to raise my oldest while pregnant, because I wasn't as sick as I was with my first. I didn't plan either of my pregnancies, but I think they both worked out the way they did nicely. Since it was 2 girls and they're only 10 months apart, I barely had to buy any new clothes. We already had all the basic toys, swings, carseat, walker ... and plus alot of our stuff was bought in neutral colors cause people kept saying "Well you can use it for your next baby no matter what the gender is ..." They knew us well!

I had ALOT of help when my second one was here. She was born 2 days before Thanksgiving, and my husband was currently out of work so we worked out a schedule where he would stay up with our newborn half the night and I the other half. At the age they are now, we switch every other morning with them. If you have alot of patience and help, it's really easy getting them to nap together and eat together. You just have to know how much you are capable of.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
hanna06
by Group Admin on Jul. 13, 2010 at 5:12 PM
Good luck with everything. I am not going to be much help either, all I can say is the closer the better. I have a 4 year old and 9 1/2 almost 10 month old and it's hell. Hanna is out of pre school for the summer, she is on my last nerve 24-7, Alaina is teething and trying to learn to crawl and walk now, so she is fussy. Between the two of them carrying on I wanna up a run away. If I had of had Alaina like a 10-year gap from Hanna it would have been much better, I am not sure how I would've felt since I had a c-section and all but...... I am sure it would've been easier then this gap. Again best of luck.
stepof5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Sorry, I'm not going to be much help as I only have one daughter, 7 months old. I do have 5 step-children that are only a total of 7 years apart. It's been great to have them close together as far as activities, schools, interests, etc. But, I didn't join their family until they were 8-15. I'm sure it was challenging when they were little. 

Amy482
by Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:43 PM

i know how you fell i have a 41/2 year old and a 12 month old and yes they can wear you out

Quoting hlsnklsx2:

i had mine 3 years apart so i cannot help you out either. but i can imagine 2 in diapers will be expensive. i want to ttc another one soon. our youngest is 17 months now but i will probably wait another 6 months to a year. its tiring with a 4 yr old and 17 month old already so i cannot imagine being preggo right now too. i want to get our youngest potty trained before i start trying for another. good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)