Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can i get him to agree..no more bottle!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 204 Total Views

My daughter turned 1 on the 4th of july. I had hoped to have her off the bottle soon but im afraid of bringing it up to her father. Every time ive talked to him about things or suggested it he thinks im being a control freak. When she is with me, she doesnt have a bottle right before bed. She sleeps with a pacifier. He even got mad at me because i swtiched her from formula to whole milk. He complains that on milk she doesnt sleep through the night but thats not the point. Its healthier for her. And i think its healthier for her to get off the bottle now that she has a bunch of teeth coming in.

So how do i bring this up???

<3Mama Monica<3

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Amy482
by Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM

I know how you feel but it wasn't my husband it was my mother in law but i took her bottle and paci away it was hard at first but after a few days she was fine she turned 1 july 5th

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I'd just explain the reasons why you want her off the bottle. It'll probably be harder to get her off it later. Connor was off the bottle at 9 1/2 months, pretty much on his own. We just switched to sippy cups.

freshrosepetals
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:07 PM

i dont know... im dreading taking ds's paci away. i know he'll be fine without it. its dh and mil who need it the most! its just easier for them to "put a cork in it" than prevent/fix the problem

lilmizzie27
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Does he know it will mess up her teeth to continue drinking a bottle past 1? Does he want to pay for that dentist bill? Probably not :P

MommyOfTwo0507
by Member on Jul. 28, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Yeah Im trying to take the bottle away completely... Its hard and she is 13 months..she just wants that bottle.. but I am making it a goal for this week.

Monarch101286
by Member on Jul. 29, 2010 at 2:01 AM

He doesnt believe anything I say. Even if it comes from a dr. Its really frustrating

ComotionGirl
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2010 at 1:08 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)